Glad to meet you......

Notifications
Clear all

Glad to meet you.....

Page 1 / 2

Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

Now would you please update your location on the member map. I know there are more coaches from Georgia on here that the 5 or 6 that show up on the map.

mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

LOL

Have you noticed how many Member's live off the coast of Africa?

The Forum Default is 0 lat 0 long.  ::)

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

yes I have noticed..... ::)

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite

Have you noticed how many Member's live off the coast of Africa?

And off we go...

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond

Wait. I thought all you guys were from Africa?

ReplyQuote
Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond

Unless there has been another Scientific discovery that contradicts previous thoughts. Technically speaking, we are ALL from Africa.

😉

Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  🙂

ReplyQuote
Malibu
(@idaho-coach)
Silver

It's where the best brand of football is played.  Michael and I will be going there in the summer to continue our dominance in the Nigerian league. 

ReplyQuote
Luc
 Luc
(@coachluc)
Gold

Unless there has been another Scientific discovery that contradicts previous thoughts. Technically speaking, we are ALL from Africa.
😉

Well you know when they say we are all brothers... Technically speaking... If you go far enough... Commun genes seem to point in that direction...

To be good you have to work hard. To be better, you have to work harder. To be great, you have to keep working when the good ones stop.

ReplyQuote
DL
 DL
(@daniel-lyons)
Platinum

Well you know when they say we are all brothers... Technically speaking... If you go far enough... Commun genes seem to point in that direction...

At 25 - 30 generations (67,108,862 direct ancestors), any person alive should by pure mathematics [sic] have a common ancestor with any other known person, alive or dead.

Total direct ancestors = (2 to the nth power)- 2, where n=the number of generations (counting yourself).

50 generations of ancestors = 2 quadrillion+ ancestors
40 generations = 2 trillion+ ancestors
30 generations = 2 billion,147 million+ ancestors
20 generations = 2,097,150 ancestors,i.e. - [(2 to the 21st power) - 2] = [2,097,152)-2] = 2,097,150
15 generations = 65534 ancestors
14 generations = 32766 ancestors
13 generations = 16382 ancestors
12 generations = 8190 ancestors
11 generations = 4094 ancestors
10 generations = 2,046 ancestors
9 generations = 1022 ancestors
8 generations = 510 ancestors
7 generations = 254 ancestors
6 generations = 126 ancestors
5 generations = 62 ancestors
4 generations = 30 ancestors
3 generations of ancestors = 2 to the 4th power minus 2 = 14 ancestors. i.e. - [(2 to the 4th power) - 2] = [(16)-2] = 14
your 8 great grandparents, plus 6 from below
2 generations = 6 ancestors = your parents plus both sets of grandparents 2 to the
1 generations = 2 ancestors = your parents...i.e., [(2 to the 2 power) - 2] = [(4-2)-2] = 2

http://michaelmarcotte.com/math.htm

Of course common ancestors cut those number down quite a bit.  But you get the idea.  We are all basically related and all descended from kings and queens etc. 

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

Dan

My family tree has been studied back about 1000 years.

We are Dark Irish…so I have Viking Blood in me because the Dark Irish…Royalty…are decedents from the Vikings that rowed in….raped and pillaged…and then conquered a bunch of farmers.

A fine group of people for sure.  :'(

ReplyQuote
Luc
 Luc
(@coachluc)
Gold

At 25 - 30 generations (67,108,862 direct ancestors), any person alive should by pure mathematics [sic] have a common ancestor with any other known person, alive or dead.
Of course common ancestors cut those number down quite a bit.  But you get the idea.  We are all basically related and all descended from kings and queens etc.

Daniel, and I thought I was supposed to be the geek around here ? 8)

To be good you have to work hard. To be better, you have to work harder. To be great, you have to keep working when the good ones stop.

ReplyQuote
Luc
 Luc
(@coachluc)
Gold

Dan

We are Dark Irish…so I have Viking Blood in me because the Dark Irish…Royalty…are decedents from the Vikings that rowed in….raped and pillaged…and then conquered a bunch of farmers.

Hum... Mahonz...

That's a lot of relatives... Can I call you Dad ?

ReplyQuote
DL
 DL
(@daniel-lyons)
Platinum

Dan

Not to be a geek again, but "Viking" wasn't a people - it was something they did.  A verb from Old Norse for raiding and raping and all that.

To go Viking was to hop in your boat and do your thing. 

They came out of the Scandinavian countries to raid for wealth and ultimately to conquer because they coveted the good farm land of other countries like England and Northern France.

ReplyQuote
Luc
 Luc
(@coachluc)
Gold

Not to be a geek again...

Coach, coming from me, it was a compliment 😉

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

Hum... Mahonz...

That's a lot of relatives... Can I call you Dad ?

8)

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: