What is your occupation?  

Page 28 / 28
  RSS

Coach Correa
(@coach-correa)
Gold
October 9, 2018 4:54 pm  

I'M A PIMP LOL ;D ;D ;D

Head Coach Tito CorreaMeriden Raiders 14-UOffense-Hybrid WingDefense - Odd- Stack

ReplyQuote
jrk5150
(@johnkoester)
Diamond
November 7, 2018 1:41 pm  

Figured I'd update.  Started a new job 4 weeks ago today.  A lot more money than I've ever made, really good situation for me.  Is a start up, just got some venture capital, so it's probably not a long term thing - high priced heads of HR rarely hang around after a company is sold.  BUT, could work out well for me with stock options and such, we'll see.  Regardless, it's a job, I'm enjoying it, it's challenging me in a way I haven't been challenged in a long time (if ever), and for now the $ is great.  Worth waiting for, this is better than most if not all of the other jobs I didn't get.  Commute sucks (other side of Boston from me), but again - worth it.  That said, I'm not going to not take calls going forward.  It would have to be a GREAT opportunity, but I learned my lesson.  I won't chase, but I'll take the call.

ReplyQuote
Wing-n-It
(@robert)
Platinum Moderator
United States
November 7, 2018 1:45 pm  

Figured I'd update.  Started a new job 4 weeks ago today.  A lot more money than I've ever made, really good situation for me.  Is a start up, just got some venture capital, so it's probably not a long term thing - high priced heads of HR rarely hang around after a company is sold.  BUT, could work out well for me with stock options and such, we'll see.  Regardless, it's a job, I'm enjoying it, it's challenging me in a way I haven't been challenged in a long time (if ever), and for now the $ is great.  Worth waiting for, this is better than most if not all of the other jobs I didn't get.  Commute sucks (other side of Boston from me), but again - worth it.  That said, I'm not going to not take calls going forward.  It would have to be a GREAT opportunity, but I learned my lesson.  I won't chase, but I'll take the call.

Awesome John, Nice to hear

2 Things my offense will always have is a Wing and a Wedge

ReplyQuote
patriotsfatboy1
(@patriotsfatboy1)
Platinum
November 14, 2018 10:44 am  

Glad to hear John!

ReplyQuote
Coyote
(@coyote)
Copper
3rd - 5th
Coordinator
December 19, 2019 12:25 pm  

Greetings

Married, since '79 -  all to the same gal, for some reason, she still likes me.  Go figure...
4 daughters, all married
4 grandkids, so far

Education: Seminary ('80), Bio (92), Business (99)

Work: eclectic...  includes teaching, an environment consulting firm, lab tech HazWaste facility, fill-in & interim minister '80 - 92, full time ministry since '99.

Coached H.S. football and wrestling 16 yrs each.  10 as H.S. head wrestling coach. 

This is my 3rd foray into youth football.  1st two yrs just helped some dads - coached the coaches mostly.  out for a couple yrs.  Got talked into taking a friend's team when he went in for surgery, supposedly a 1 yr thing.  He never really got back on his feet, coached the team 2 more seasons. Got out due to busy schedules of my own kids.  Basically out for 10 yrs.  Then 5 seasons ago, I happened to go by the practice field, stopped in to watch the kids for a while...Next thing I knew I was the Oline coach (they already had lost 2 games), HC and I took a shine to one another, and work well as a team.  Next yr took over the offense, and have run the Offense the last 4 seasons.

Umm.... why does that 6 ft tall 9 yr old have a goatee...?

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
December 19, 2019 6:37 pm  

Work: eclectic...  includes teaching, an environment consulting firm, lab tech HazWaste facility, fill-in & interim minister '80 - 92, full time ministry since '99.

Have you incorporated any part of your ministry into coaching football?

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Coyote
(@coyote)
Copper
3rd - 5th
Coordinator
December 20, 2019 4:37 am  

Have you incorporated any part of your ministry into coaching football?

--Dave

There always seems to be some family(ies) in the league in crisis.  We've generally stepped in - behind the scenes - helped w/ food / gas / utilities.  Testified in a child custody case.  Provide rides, and help cover costs for kids who want to play but can't afford it.  Visit kids in hospital (mostly kid stuff like tonsils removed that kinda thing), but there have been occasions when it got pretty serious.    Mostly that sort of stuff.  When I 'retire' from (supported) ministry, I'll likely become a child advocate w/ the court. Do a pretty fair amount of visitation w/ kids' grandparents and such who are in the elder-care facilities. 

Our congregation hosts a nursery school, and some of the kids went through it / have siblings in it. And we've helped some of those families with costs (its pretty low to begin with, compared to others in the county). Some folk have visited our services, but we're on the south end of the county and most the kids live on the north end.  (27K pop for the whole county, the southern half where i live is mostly farm & coal mine, maybe 2- 3K people.

I'm not an advocate of "child evangelism" but I do evangelize among the parents.  Lotsa 'un-churched' folk in our area.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
December 20, 2019 5:00 am  

When I 'retire' from (supported) ministry, I'll likely become a child advocate w/ the court.

Like "The Guardian" TV show?  Best TV show of all-time.

--Dave

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Coyote
(@coyote)
Copper
3rd - 5th
Coordinator
December 20, 2019 10:34 am  

Like "The Guardian" TV show?  Best TV show of all-time.

--Dave

I don't watch a lot of TV, not familiar with it, but I'm going to find this one.  Let you know.  🙂

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
December 21, 2019 5:07 am  

Going through this thread, I guess I haven't updated in a while:

Work: Retired since 2016.  Spent previous 11(?) years of my working life in the school system.
Coached youth football for 17 years (12 as a header; 1999-2010), middle school football for 3 years (2006-2008) and high school football for 9 years (4 years as a header; 2011-12, 2016-17), (4 years as an OC; 2009-10, 2013-14), (1 year as a position coach; 2019). (29 seasons, total.)  And clinics all over the country.
Location:  Sometimes in Cary, NC.  Sometimes in Belhaven, NC.  Sometimes in Winthrop Harbor, Ill.  Sometimes in Palm Springs, CA.  Lots of times, many other places.
Fun/Hobbies: Lotsa things, not enough time in the day for all of 'em.  But collecting motorcycles, real estate and wine are near the top of the list.  Trying to add a Triumph Bonneville T100 (Steve McQueen edition), but don't know how solid the owner is.  Although I did purchase a Mustang GT today.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Page 28 / 28
Share: