2016 Thundercats se...

Notifications

2016 Thundercats season SCRM, GM 1  

RSS

darthdaddy17
(@darthdaddy17)
Bronze
August 22, 2016 3:38 pm  

Last Saturday we had our jamboree. We faced three good teams that day playing 30 minute games. On offense we ran the sainted six and performed well. We were able to consistently move the ball down the field. The wedge worked a few times but was sloppy at times and needs tuning. 16  power and 18 sweep pass were money plays. My starting RE and PT had no problems moving DL out of the 6 hole.

The defense on the other hand was a mess. They had times where they were hard to block. But the problems we had were the OLB's were not firing off the ball and attacking the lead blocker and getting into the backfield, the safeties were not running the alley like they should but would try to follow the flow of the backfield over the line or just stand and watch the play way too long before reacting. The CB's were a brighter spot but a few times would allow themselves to get sucked in instead of going out to the sideline after their 3 step drop. The DT's also were bad. most of them would just stand up and watch the QB instead of attacking the A gaps. The DE's were the best. They lined up properly and attacked their gaps as instructed. My starting LE who is also my RE on offense caused massive amounts of havoc causing 2 fumbles and had 1 sack.

Overall the D gave up only a few big plays but they need to be more consistent.

Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit. -Vince Lombardi

darthdaddy17
(@darthdaddy17)
Bronze
August 29, 2016 3:02 am  

Our first game was Saturday. The offense struck fast on a 60 yard TD run on the 4th play of the game giving us a quick 6-0 lead. The defense however had it's struggles having a hard time with attacking the ball carrier and containing the sweep. Those defensive struggles and some dumb penalties on offense let us get down 13-6 by halftime. At the half we made the monster adjustment to the D to start which killed their off tackle play and we forced two back to back fumbles on defense which we recovered which sparked a 19 point offensive output in the second half which gave us a 25-13 victory. 18 sweep and 47 reverse were money plays throughout the game.

We played a team that in my opinion was below our talent level and we should have handled them better.  The mistakes we made on defense such as not attacking the ball carrier, Safeties not running the alley and aligning too deep or watching the play. Had we have been playing a better team we would not have been so fortunate and probably would have lost big time. We had a good game but there is still a lot to work on and 6 more games to go.

Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit. -Vince Lombardi

ReplyQuote
Share: