33-7 W. Huge game n...

Notifications
Clear all

33-7 W. Huge game next week...

COACH JC
(@winged)
Diamond
Topic starter  

Terrible team.  Probably the worst i've ever played.  Once again we managed to strategically avoid the mercy rule.  Referees were absolutely terrible!  They made our left guard/MLB stop playing because he was being too rough!  No joke.  4th quarter, he pancakes the other teams MLB and lays on him so he cant get up.  Then he lets him up on the whistle and the MLB cusses at him and pushes him.  Our guy walks away, doesn't say a word (he's the biggest, strongest kid on the field every game, but also the nicest kid), the referees bring him to the sideline and say "coach, we don't want to kick him out of the game as we know you have a big game next week.  But he's being a little too rough and he needs to sit down the rest of the game.

It took all i had not to flip out.  These refs were absolute garbage all game.  They called us for leading w/ our head, on a down field block when the blocker was using his hands!  The other team kept lining up illegally, and motioning illegally, and they wouldn't throw the flag, even though they acknowledged that it was illegal.  Meanwhile they called us for all kinds of penalties, including 3 false starts that no one else saw, and we haven't been called for a false start in like 3 games.  It was a joke.  This will be the first crew i complain to the Commish about. 

Anyhow, next week is huge.  7-0 VS. 7-0.  Cant remember the last time i played another division opponent this late in the season and we were both undefeated.  This team were facing has played together for a long time & won a regional in the past.  We've struggled against shifty backs a little bit, and these guys have two of them.  We are deeper in terms of talent, but their top end players look to be pretty damn good.  Though i'm not sure how they compare to ours. 

They run a 4-3, 4-4 & 5-3.  I cant for the life of me figure out why they change between the 3.  I think it has something to do w/ MPR and down & distance, but i haven't been able to figure out the trend. 

On offense they run a lot of 2x2 pistol zone jet sweep.  Unbalanced off tackle stuff. 

Should be a great game.  Homecoming.  From all i've heard, our house is gonna be packed!  A ton of our ex-players will be there.  The parents have said they've invited tons of people.  Should be crazy.  The result really doesn't mean much other than pride and confidence.  We've locked up at least the 2 seed, and i don't see anyone but this team capable of beating us in the playoffs. 

After last nights game, we spent about 4 hours breaking down their tape again.  We'll be ready...

It's all about having fun.  But losing aint fun!

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

Homecoming.

Jake, what is "homecoming," in youth football terms?  We never had one.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
COACH JC
(@winged)
Diamond
Topic starter  

--Dave

Bunch of stupid crap that distracts the players.  Banners, decorations.  King & Prince.  Queen and... princess?  I cant remember.  I hate it.  Absolutely freaking hate it.  Our Org. is stupid about this stuff.

Last week they asked me to get my MVP votes and players of the year.  i said are you kidding me?  We haven't even started playoffs!  I'm trying to get out of the whole process.  I don't like it.  Just a distraction for the kids.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

Bunch of stupid crap that distracts the players.  Banners, decorations.  King & Prince.  Queen and... princess?  I cant remember.  I hate it.  Absolutely freaking hate it.  Our Org. is stupid about this stuff.

Last week they asked me to get my MVP votes and players of the year.  i said are you kidding me?  We haven't even started playoffs!  I'm trying to get out of the whole process.  I don't like it.  Just a distraction for the kids.

LOL...great answer !

Good luck next week.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

Funny how Pop Warner does not allow individual statistics but will allow an mvp award. We have a team in our conference that does the homecoming thing. It sucks at it makes the half time a half hour and puts the entire schedule behind as they do a bunch of bs between games. Jake pm me who you are playing.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

Bunch of stupid crap that distracts the players.  Banners, decorations.  King & Prince.  Queen and... princess?

Queen and princess?  What the heck?  Is that part of your cheer program, or something else?

We don't have cheerleading in our program.

--Dave

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

Funny how Pop Warner does not allow individual statistics

What does that even mean?  I kept stats for all of our games.  Just because PW isn't interested doesn't mean we aren't.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

What does that even mean?  I kept stats for all of our games.  Just because PW isn't interested doesn't mean we aren't.

--Dave

Just another policy of hiding kids from the truth of the real world. We have our game stats also but we don't give them out to the kids. We do grade each kids blocking and fakes for each game based on a %. We go over it the first practice of the week. Our mvps would almost never be a rb type. Maybe a fb but not a wing. Probably a defensive player or guard.

ReplyQuote
Bob Goodman
(@bob-goodman)
Diamond

The one we had with the NBYSA in 2007 meant all our 6 teams (Co-Op City Cowboys & Rough Riders) played their games at Harry Truman HS instead of a park field and it was also picture day.  It started out drizzly and wound up rainy enough that the older teams' games were canceled from either lack of enthusiasm, lightning, or because the school didn't want their field chewed up when the grass on it was patchy to begin with, I forgot which.

I suppose if the Ass'n continued to exist long enough, they could have an actual homecoming of "graduates".  However, my understanding is that 2 yrs. after that, they spun off the 14U and 18U teams (Rough Riders) into a separate club.

ReplyQuote
COACH JC
(@winged)
Diamond
Topic starter  

Funny how Pop Warner does not allow individual statistics but will allow an mvp award. We have a team in our conference that does the homecoming thing. It sucks at it makes the half time a half hour and puts the entire schedule behind as they do a bunch of bs between games. Jake pm me who you are playing.

They don't allow personal awards either according to the rulebook. 

ReplyQuote
COACH JC
(@winged)
Diamond
Topic starter  

Queen and princess?  What the heck?  Is that part of your cheer program, or something else?

We don't have cheerleading in our program.

--Daved

Ya, cheer program.

ReplyQuote
Share: