Notifications

6-0 and rollin!  

RSS

COACH JC
(@winged)
Diamond
October 7, 2019 10:21 am  

Boys pulled off a win over the only other undefeated team in our league to move to 6-0. Now at 17 straight w/ this group.

Moving to unlimited has really made things a lot more challenging. We were a small in team in weighted football, now we’re REALLY small. We’re facing 200+ lb kids & our biggest player 135. Think we have 3-4 guys that weigh over a 100. Can legitimately say in this last game our opponent was bigger, stronger, and faster. And yet we still won 21-0. Pretty rare you can get the W over a quality well coached team when they’re bigger, stronger, faster. W/o our starting QB & DE no less.

Seems like every year we establish a big of a new identity. This year we’ve becoming more of a power team (ironic due to our lack of size). Some years we’re a buck sweep team. Some a belly team. Last year we became a veer team. This year we’re power. We’re so deep into the Wing T manual i’m seriously considering adding a 2nd wrist coach for our QB.

I know a lot of guys scoff at the idea of a robust playbook. But when you’re as small as we are, I really think you have to have all the answers. Teams watch our game film & I can’t imagine how they can possibly prepare their 10 year old defenses for us.

Anyhow, great start to our year. Repeating as D1 champs is gonna be tough. But we’re definitely in the hunt and have a good shot at it.

It's all about having fun.  But losing aint fun!

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
October 7, 2019 4:57 pm  

Blah, blah, blah....I told you.  Doesn't matter that you're smaller.  Doesn't matter that they're bigger.  You've either figured it out, or you're in the process of figuring it out.  Regardless, you're running the table.  Not surprised.  This is already old news.  Seriously Jake, you're doing a great job.  But I doubt that anyone here is really surprised.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
COACH JC
(@winged)
Diamond
October 8, 2019 9:28 am  

Blah, blah, blah....I told you.  Doesn't matter that you're smaller.  Doesn't matter that they're bigger.  You've either figured it out, or you're in the process of figuring it out.  Regardless, you're running the table.  Not surprised.  This is already old news.  Seriously Jake, you're doing a great job.  But I doubt that anyone here is really surprised.

--Dave

Thanks Dave. I’m sure you’re happy to hear we’ve become a power team too. lol

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
October 8, 2019 9:40 am  

I’m sure you’re happy to hear we’ve become a power team too.

About the time you become a power team, I go and coach a team that's never heard of the play.

--Dave

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
COACH JC
(@winged)
Diamond
October 20, 2019 9:02 pm  

Back to back undefeated regular seasons. Now it’s time to get the D1 title back to back!

Highlight of the game was we finally executed the “Hidden Handoff” “Wrap Around Draw” whatever you want to call it. We call it Sucker. Watch the defense and you’ll see why.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
October 20, 2019 9:18 pm  

#24 switches the ball to the correct arm when he breaks out of the backfield.  Nice.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
terrypjohnson
(@terrypjohnson)
Bronze
United States
Head Coach
October 21, 2019 6:44 am  

Back to back undefeated regular seasons. Now it’s time to get the D1 title back to back!

Highlight of the game was we finally executed the “Hidden Handoff” “Wrap Around Draw” whatever you want to call it. We call it Sucker. Watch the defense and you’ll see why.

br>

Absolutely love this play. I'm going to install this tonight!

Fight 'em until Hell freezes over, then fight 'em on the ice -- Dutch Meyer

ReplyQuote
COACH JC
(@winged)
Diamond
October 21, 2019 8:35 am  

#24 switches the ball to the correct arm when he breaks out of the backfield.  Nice.

--Dave

I mean, he had to do something on the play right? lol

ReplyQuote
COACH JC
(@winged)
Diamond
October 21, 2019 8:44 am  

Absolutely love this play. I'm going to install this tonight!

It’s tricky. Here’s another angle: http://www.hudl.com/v/2CAWNk

Basically the back is trying to make an “O” w/ his right arm. His right palm should be facing up, outside of fingers pressed against his hip. His left goes in front of the “O” so the QB can push it in their firmly, & the backs left hand stops the ball from pushing out.

We use counter blocking. Everyone GDB playside, BSG pulls & kicks, BSTE pulls & wraps (he forgot to pull in the video).

ReplyQuote
COACH JC
(@winged)
Diamond
October 21, 2019 8:58 am  

http://www.hudl.com/v/2CAXMx

This one was pretty funny. Watch the defenders. They have no idea what’s going on. lol

ReplyQuote
jrk5150
(@jrk5150)
Diamond
October 22, 2019 5:28 am  

br>

Love that play.  Never had the balls to install it.

ReplyQuote
COACH JC
(@winged)
Diamond
October 22, 2019 12:40 pm  

Love that play.  Never had the balls to install it.

We had the balls, just couldn’t figure out how to get it to work. Now we got 2 legit QB’s that can pull it off. Never miss the handoff in practice.

ReplyQuote
jrk5150
(@jrk5150)
Diamond
October 28, 2019 11:49 am  

Oh, I had the kids who could've run that.  There were a couple of years where I had the QB and FB goofing around with it, just kind of a hey, try this to see if it could be done.  Yup, absolutely could have done it, they were getting it at about 75% speed after just 2-3 reps.

I just never had the balls to actually install it.

ReplyQuote
Share: