Notifications

Does anyone know playoff criteria?  

Page 3 / 3
  RSS

canepb
(@canepb)
Copper
November 18, 2019 5:45 am  

Made finals I believe, got smoke by a FL team as I recall.

Yes...we beat them in the finals!

ReplyQuote
DukesCoach
(@dukescoach)
Bronze
November 18, 2019 7:27 am  

Yes...we beat them in the finals!

Ha, nice!  Hard to say if this team is very good.  I didnt really get to see a whole lot of football played.

ReplyQuote
DukesCoach
(@dukescoach)
Bronze
November 21, 2019 3:32 am  

The drama continues.  Apparently Spring Valley used ineligible players.  Win vacated from what I understand last night and forced to forfeit vs Brick City.

Dual rostered kids, high school and PW - not a problem.  But kids playing both all season - problem.  I doubt anything can or will be done to bring about a semi game for us vs Brick given that the championship is Sunday.  Given that Brick pounded SV during the regular season even with their inflated roster, I would tend to think that gives us enough pause even if the game were offered which would literally have to occur on short notice.

This happened last year with Marsh Creek in JV D3, Ill ask the question, do coaches think they wont get caught?  Is winning at all costs worth that level of cheating?  Is there any chance the coaches werent aware a player was playing both?  I think I know the answers to each but curious about others experiences.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
November 21, 2019 4:57 am  

This happened last year with Marsh Creek in JV D3, Ill ask the question, do coaches think they wont get caught?  Is winning at all costs worth that level of cheating?  Is there any chance the coaches werent aware a player was playing both?  I think I know the answers to each but curious about others experiences.

In 2015, we lost a very close game to a team with a dual-rostered player (high school and youth team).  His participation on both was easily confirmed by his social media page.  PW did nothing about it.  He put 4 of our players out of the game, and three of them did not return.

Two weeks ago, we played an opponent with an ineligible QB.  He was listed and weighing in as an 11-year old, but was 12 which meant he needed to weigh in as an older-lighter.  His birth certificate confirmed that they had cheated all season long.  Fortunately, the region found them out and the child was not allowed to participate in our game.  That's a team org/conference "oversight" that wasn't caught until the regional semis.  So they'd been successful doing it the entire season to other teams in their conference. 

In the former situation, it was an obvious cheat.  You can't participate in PW ball and school ball at the same time.  In the latter situation, it's almost impossible for their coaching staff not to know.  But I can see how an org or conference might have overlooked the paperwork due to the extreme incompetence of so many youth orgs.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
DukesCoach
(@dukescoach)
Bronze
November 21, 2019 6:26 am  

In 2015, we lost a very close game to a team with a dual-rostered player (high school and youth team).  His participation on both was easily confirmed by his social media page.  PW did nothing about it.  He put 4 of our players out of the game, and three of them did not return.

Was this unlimited?  Kid must have been some kind of beast

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
November 21, 2019 6:45 am  

Was this unlimited?  Kid must have been some kind of beast.

Was not Unlimited.  He was 13 or 14 and playing high school JV.  His dad was the PW coach.  They used a birth certificate for a player who was on the team the previous year (they never returned it to that parent at season's end) so they just used it again.  He used the "birth certificate name" on the PW roster.  Kid was a sawed-off runt, but was thick and had man-size arms.  Other teams in the conference brought it to our attention.  When we looked into it, his social media account confirmed it.  They went to Florida.

--Dave

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
DukesCoach
(@dukescoach)
Bronze
November 21, 2019 8:15 am  

That is absurdly ridiculous  ???

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
November 21, 2019 9:10 am  

That is absurdly ridiculous  ???

It's bad enough for an adult to cheat in a youth sport.  It's unconscionable that they USE children as co-conspirators.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
canepb
(@canepb)
Copper
November 21, 2019 9:22 am  

A 14u team in Georgia was disqualified in our region for using Dual Rostered HS players this year.  One of the issues this year, is that Pop Warner changed the add date to October 6 or 7.  In this past apparently there were programs adding kids after their HS Football seasons.....now its a lot tougher.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share: