Notifications
Clear all

End Game

Page 1 / 5

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

Lost Saturday, 14-6, ending our season at 9-1.  Before the game started, we were practicing on one of the four practice fields available when our opponent came in the fence and walked (single file) through our practice.  Our header got heated up and told them they had three other fields to choose from.  Things got ugly from there and administrators were called and parents got involved.  An interesting YouTube moment.  Our opponent was ushered off our practice field by the admins and we resumed our game prep. 

We started off well defensively (on the first two plays they lost yardage) leaving them at 3rd and long.  They threw deep and our DB cut in front of their receiver, tipped the ball in the air and their receiver caught the flip-up and went about 85 yards for the score.  We were stopped on our next possession, and on their next possession we sacked their QB in the endzone.  He fumbled the ball and we recovered it for a TD.  We missed the kick, leaving us down 7-6.  In the 2nd Quarter, they punted and our return man (our QB) was hit hard.  He was down for a few minutes while medical personnel checked him out.  He was fine, but the medical staff held him out for the duration of the half.  They told him he could not return until the 3rd Quarter.  Our opponent threw another long pass and completed it for a TD, with them leading 14-6 at the half.  We had a hard time moving the ball because their defensive line was better than our o-line and it caused us all sorts of problems.  In the 4th Quarter their best player was hit with his 2nd Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty (15 yards) and was automatically ejected from the game.  Upon hearing the news, their header went after the Referee and was hit with another Unsportsmanlike penalty (an additional 15 yards and their third of the game) which gave us a 30-yard gain.  We got the ball at their 12-yard line with under 4 minutes remaining but was stopped on a 4th and 1 at their 3-yard line.

Pretty ugly game, muddy field, horrible officiating but their defensive line was the difference.  I assume the ejected player will have to sit out their first game at Disney.  So...we went 9-1 on the season.  We never gave up a TD via the run this year.  Don't know what I'll do next year.  We'll wait and see...

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

patriotsfatboy1
(@patriotsfatboy1)
Platinum

Sorry to hear about the loss, Dave.  Sounds like quite a game as far as emotions go. 

Seems like you had quite the roller coaster year and it will be interesting to see what the future holds for you.  Would you go back to the same organization next season?

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

Sounds like quite a game as far as emotions go. 

--It was.  Very physical game.  A lot of jaw-jacking by our opponent.  But I never concern myself with our opponent's lack of class.

Seems like you had quite the roller coaster year and it will be interesting to see what the future holds for you.  Would you go back to the same organization next season?

--Dunno yet.  Already checked the county high school job board.  Two header spots available.  Would go back to the youth org if the offer is right, but felt like I got jacked around this year, although I had a good experience with our team.  Great kids. 

Pop Warner is an incredible time-consuming paper trail.  High school has many more perks, but I want to be a header.  Or at least, a coordinator.

--Dave

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
TitanCoach
(@csingleton4)
Copper

It was a very commendable job you guys did with that team this year!

That was a hard fought game. Had no idea about all that pre-game nonsense. Isn't that the same org whose JM team was disbanded this year for a physical melee with another team? Parents and players, one big mess.

I was certain that coach would be ejected after that storming the field, ball throwing fiasco.

I thought that second TD pass was tipped also...

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

Great run Dave. Sorry it didn't end well.

Amazing that there has to be so much drama sometimes. Always wonder what the kids think.

Gentlemen....we are going to walk right thru their warm-ups.

Seriously?

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
Monster
(@monster)
Gold

Great run Dave. Sorry it didn't end well.

Amazing that there has to be so much drama sometimes. Always wonder what the kids think.

Gentlemen....we are going to walk right thru their warm-ups.

Seriously?

Not to be stereotypical here, but I'm pretty sure any coach that would walk his team through his opponent's warm-ups ain't callin' his team "gentlemen".

Mission Statement: To make a genuine effort at every opportunity to help those around me build and maintain a commitment to success.

ReplyQuote
davecisar
(@davecisar)
Diamond

DP

Congrats

BS move by other coach
Seen same low class move before

NU/Miami National Championship game 94 Orange Bowl
With my dad- we get there REAL early probably 2 hours early- to say the stadium is in a bad neighborhood doesn't do justice to the words bad neighborhood

About 20 NU kids in JEANS and Sweatshirts just tossing the ball to each other from goal line to 15 yard line- our end
10 or so Miami players in uniform run around the stadium chatting it up with their fans on the sidelines- then TOGETHER run right between the 20 NU kids throwing the ball to each other. No class at all

End of that game was very fun to watch- complete domination by NU Oline in 4th quarter.

However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.Winston Churchill

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

NU/Miami National Championship game 94 Orange Bowl
With my dad- we get there REAL early probably 2 hours early- to say the stadium is in a bad neighborhood doesn't do justice to the words bad neighborhood

Dave

Went to the '91 Orange Bowl. Whoa momma you aint kidding.

Stadium was a dump as well. I was pretty shocked.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
GP
 GP
(@gpenn44)
Gold

Our opponent in our Playoff game Saturday had their kids running Special Teams drills into our warmups (we hosted and they had half the field to warm up on). I let their coaches know I didn't appreciate it - then they tried to cause a forfeit saying the yard markings were off by an inch (they literally brought measuring tape bc they were so intent on forcing a forfeit).

Felt pretty good spanking them 26-0 without our top two players.

Great season, DP! Sorry it didn't end with Disney but you obviously had a great impact on that team. Interested to see what's next for you.

"Motivation is simple. You eliminate those who are not motivated." - Lou Holtz

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

It was a very commendable job you guys did with that team this year!

--Thanks Cody.

Isn't that the same org whose JM team was disbanded this year for a physical melee with another team?

--Yes, their Midget team was disbanded for fighting.  When the hoopla happened on our practice field, one of their coaches said, "We accomplished what we came where to do."  lol  Act like an ass?

I was certain that coach would be ejected after that storming the field, ball throwing fiasco.

--Thought so, too.

I thought that second TD pass was tipped also.

--Yes, it was.  They had a down-field block in the back on their first TD pass.  Couldn't believe they missed that.  Oh well...

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
davecisar
(@davecisar)
Diamond

Dave

Went to the '91 Orange Bowl. Whoa momma you aint kidding.

Stadium was a dump as well. I was pretty shocked.

Ive been to some really bad areas
New to me:
10 ft tall chain link fences with barbed wire- around a house
Bars on everyones windows not just a few

LOTS of guys smoking pot in the front yard and there were plenty of cops within sight
Interesting place to say the least

Their players and fans talked heaping mounds of trash for 3 quarters
Fun game to attend- minus the fearing for your life thing

However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.Winston Churchill

ReplyQuote
Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond

Kudos Dave! 

There is always someone willing to be the proverbial "Turd In the Punch Bowl"  no matter where one goes to play.  As we have discussed, Integrity means a ton!  Obviously your opponent never learned that lesson. 

Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  🙂

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

Great season, DP! Sorry it didn't end with Disney but you obviously had a great impact on that team. Interested to see what's next for you.

Thank you, Greg.  I'll be interested to find out, too!

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
SingleWingGoombah
(@singlewinggoombah)
Gold

Congrats on a great season Dave and best of luck in the offseason search!

ReplyQuote
CoachOCD
(@coachocd)
Platinum

my 1st clue is metal detectors you had to walk thru to get into game...Muir HS pasadena! 4 Policemen in full vest...great drum core

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 5
Share: