Finished season 6-2...

Notifications
Clear all

Finished season 6-2. 229 pts on offense....

Page 1 / 2

DoubleWingCoach
(@doublewingcoach)
Gold
Topic starter  

Had a great season so far with playoffs coming up. 229 pts in 8 games.... average of 28.625 PPG.... Regularly finished games with 300+ yds rushing...

Only two teams to beat us were incredibly fast Oakland who we couldn't match their speed to the outside and intensity....

The other was Oak Grove South who beat us 42-26...... We spotted them 14 pts on a pick 6 and a play where my corner didn't realize they had a split WR like he's coached... they realized it and kid ran a hot read streak... QB dropped it on a dime.... game should've been MUCH closer due to defensive breakdowns which we've since fixed...

Playoff seedings came out today. We're 3 seed out of 8 teams..... however we got screwed a little on the Nationals deal. Our organization isn't going to Nationals this year..... Only two teams are..... seed 3 plays seed 6 and seed 6 is Oak Grove South.... They are going to Nationals so we got non voluntarily moved into the D1 Nationals division..... a MUCH rougher road..... Oh well.... gotta beat the man to be the man....

We match up with them well defensively since adopting the WT6 since they like to run I formation with a single wing.... mostly c gap iso plays with a few toss sweeps..... i've moved our two best players to defensive end and we've only given up 6 pts in 2 games.... so in 2 weeks we find out who's better...

mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

Nice season and good luck with your rematch !

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
DoubleWingCoach
(@doublewingcoach)
Gold
Topic starter  

Thx..... yeah i think our defense will be MUCH more focused this time around..... We just have to hold them to less than 10-12 pts and I think we'll win...... it's going to be won by our defense holding them... They can't stop our offense i'm sure of that....

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

We spotted them 14 pts on a pick 6 and a play where my corner didn't realize they had a split WR like he's coached

This is what I mean when I say you play the blame game.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite

This is what I mean when I say you play the blame game.

--Dave

I thought the same thing.

I held off because of this:

defensive breakdowns which we've since fixed...

Hey, I'm trying REAL HARD to be the shepherd.

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

Yeah Michael, I mean it's one thing to say:  "We spotted them 14 pts on a pick 6 and a play where my corner didn't realize they had a split WR."  It's quite another to add, the "like he's coached" line.  In other words, "the fact that my CB didn't realize a receiver was Split Out isn't MY fault because I HAD COACHED HIM to recognize a split WR."

The fact that he was coached, isn't the issue.  How well (or how often) he was coached is a whole 'nother thing...

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
seeindouble
(@seeindouble)
Gold

i've moved our two best players to defensive end and we've only given up 6 pts in 2 games.... so in 2 weeks we find out who's better...

Noooow you're gettin' it, good move.

ReplyQuote
COACH JC
(@winged)
Diamond

Send me the first OGS game.  I'll see if anything stands out tendency wise.

It's all about having fun.  But losing aint fun!

ReplyQuote
DoubleWingCoach
(@doublewingcoach)
Gold
Topic starter  

Honestly Dave can you just stay out of my threads. You don't offer anything nor add anything to the post....

Yeah like "he was coached"... IE "scan the field from right to left and cover the widest uncovered receiver...."

which he failed to do..... so what, it happens....

ReplyQuote
jrk5150
(@jrk5150)
Diamond

Sorry DWC, I saw the same thing with your post.  Not sure if you were blaming the kid or trying to deflect blame from yourself (slightly different), but that comment stuck out like a sore thumb.

I'd give you the benefit of the doubt that you aren't completely trying to deflect blame, that you just aren't great at fully articulating your thoughts via the written word, except that mess in the other thread where you're defending an indefensible position.

I'm sure if you wander over to my woe is me thread in JJ's SDW section that you'll see something similar from me, pretty sure I succumbed to the "but we told them not to do that".  The difference is, I know I'm just whining, that the fault is all mine.

ReplyQuote
DoubleWingCoach
(@doublewingcoach)
Gold
Topic starter  

Ok I understand all that but here is what happened. Ogs split a kid out at wr. My corner on the opposite side of the field was standing over the kid he assumed was the TE although he had been coached to simply scan from right toleft and cover the widest eligible .he never looked. Ogs ran a streak with the kid nobody covered. TD.  Simple. So yeah in film review he got ripped for it.

If you consistently go over in practice things like this and they fail to do them in certain situations yes you have to say "hey Billy you screwed up but next time remember to scan the field" big deal kids make errors. Coaches make errors. As a staff we talk about errors in our judgement as well. In that situation I also got on my db coach for not being a second set of eyes on the field. Cause that's what he's supposed to be doing. And third is my fault bc as head coach I have to be the last line of defense. So its not blaming anyone. Breakdowns happen. I gotta trust the kids to do their job first and foremost.

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite

I'd give you the benefit of the doubt that you aren't completely trying to deflect blame, that you just aren't great at fully articulating your thoughts via the written word

Oh, that's certainly a nice touch.

"In your defense, you might just be a total freakin' moron."

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
jrk5150
(@jrk5150)
Diamond

Oh, that's certainly a nice touch.

"In your defense, you might just be a total freakin' moron."

Oh, come on man, I didn't say that, nor did I mean it.  I realize it's hard to comprehend when your normal post length is one sentence, but it's pretty easy to NOT nail exactly what you mean when you try to type it out.  😛

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite

Oh, come on man, I didn't say that, nor did I mean it.  I realize it's hard to comprehend when your normal post length is one sentence, but it's pretty easy to NOT nail exactly what you mean when you try to type it out.  😛

No problem.  And don't feel bad.  Maybe you just aren't great at fully articulating your thoughts via the written word.

🙂

And hey, I had a post last year about O-Line that was like three or four paragraphs.  It might even have been more.  It was like half a Cisar.  I'm still recovering.

ReplyQuote
jrk5150
(@jrk5150)
Diamond

Noticed he's not around much anymore.  He finally have enough of you?

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: