Finished season 6-2...

Notifications
Clear all

Finished season 6-2. 229 pts on offense....

Page 2 / 2

mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

Yeah Michael, I mean it's one thing to say:  "We spotted them 14 pts on a pick 6 and a play where my corner didn't realize they had a split WR."  It's quite another to add, the "like he's coached" line.  In other words, "the fact that my CB didn't realize a receiver was Split Out isn't MY fault because I HAD COACHED HIM to recognize a split WR."

The fact that he was coached, isn't the issue.  How well (or how often) he was coached is a whole 'nother thing...

--Dave

Dave

I have a kid that has 2 left feet...literally. Anything that requires a right foot first is always the left....left foot first....always the left.

Maybe he is left handed....maybe I should ask. He plays DE....right DE so that one of his left feet is first unless we are riding goofy...then we still leave him be.  8)

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

Mike,

All I know is, if my players aren't doing it the way I want them to, then there's something I'm doing wrong.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

Mike,

All I know is, if my players aren't doing it the way I want them to, then there's something I'm doing wrong.

--Dave

Dave

Sometimes it aint worth stressing over.

Now a CB leaving his man uncovered is worth stressing over for sure. That is coaching.

We spend an inordinate amount of time on recognizing formations...death if you dont in a man mirror D like the 46. I will also admit there are some formations that confuse the young mind on occasion. We played that team last week and gave up two scores.  >:(

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

We spend an inordinate amount of time on recognizing formations...death if you dont in a man mirror D like the 46. I will also admit there are some formations that confuse the young mind on occasion.

That's because you teach that real complicated stuff.  Easy stuff is easier.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite

We spend an inordinate amount of time on recognizing formations

Son, when they torched you for 70 yards on that pass play, what formation were they in?

That was an I formation, coach, with the strong side to the right.

Good job, son.  Go get yourself a candy bar.

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

Son, when they torched you for 70 yards on that pass play, what formation were they in?

That was an I formation, coach, with the strong side to the right.

Good job, son.  Go get yourself a candy bar.

Actually it goes more like this....

Ummmm

No candy for you !

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

That's because you teach that real complicated stuff.  Easy stuff is easier.

--Dave

...Au contraire...there is nothing easier than teaching the 46 base.

Its all the other crap that goes along with it that is hard...and not necessary. Took me awhile to figure that out.

ReplyQuote
DoubleWingCoach
(@doublewingcoach)
Gold
Topic starter  

We do a TON of formation recognition..... I can't see from the tape HOW exactly the other team sent the guy in (like did he break from the huddle or enter as a sub) because the person who does the film skips the stuff between plays....  The player admitted that he didn't look and didn't give a reason..... And this team doesn't really run anything super complicated.. It's generally I formation with a wing double tight.... Occasionally the wing will get further and further outside when they are going to run their toss sweep....  And if he's split VERY wide or twins right/with the wing in motion to the right they are going to pass.....

And yeah we were in the 46 base, so not manning up on him was death.. especially with the QB they had.. he just chucked it up and dude ran under it.... My safety was center field so he couldn't get over there fast enough...

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: