First Varsity Win

Notifications

First Varsity Win  

RSS

Vince148
(@vince148)
Gold
September 28, 2019 5:45 am  

My Ironmen took a giant step forward last night, winning their first game of the season, a 28-20 come from behind Homecoming victory. Again we played with just 8 players, no subs. We got down 14-0 in the 1st quarter, but made it 14-12 when we scored with 7 seconds left in the first half. They scored in the 3rd quarter and went up 20-12. In the 4th quarter, we tie the game with just over 11 minutes remaining. On their next possession, we intercept. On the our ensuing drve, the TB takes it in from about 50 yards for the go-ahead TD and a 28-20 lead with 7 minutes left. Our defense plays tough the rest of the way. We bat down a 4th down pass and take over with about 4 minutes left and run the clock out.

We don't have a decent stat keeper and I have resorted to watching game film afterwards and doing the stats from that. However, the kid that does the game film said that the camera wasn't working. So no film. Working on getting a copy from the opposing coach. Our TB probably had well over 100 yards rushing and 3 TD. In the 4 games we actually took the field, he has 10 TD which includes 1 KR. He also made the critical interception that gave us the ball back for the game winning drive.

I'm so proud of these kids. It was a well deserved victory considering what that have endured this season. They have suffered through injures, low numbers, and other off-field drama, and it was looking like we would not be able to field a team for the rest of the season. However, by the grace of God, we are still coming out and playing hard. I'm so privileged and honored to be their coach.

Share: