Notifications
Clear all

Game Result

Page 1 / 4

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

Won today, 48-0.  Hit Slaughter Rule early in 2nd Quarter (28-0) and kept rolling.  Opponent wasn't good.  We were "okay," but our physical play and confidence was very good.  In the 3rd Quarter, one of their players was down and we went out to check on him.  Our commish asked their header if they wanted to call the game at that point.  Their header said, "F#@& no! We're not quitters! You want us to f#@&ing quit?!"  Our commish said, "Well, the score is 40-0..."  Our commish was just asking...but their header got real ugly about it.  Anyway, the game just got more physical at that point.  1-0, on the season.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

COACH JC
(@winged)
Diamond

Won today, 48-0.  Hit Slaughter Rule early in 2nd Quarter (28-0) and kept rolling.  Opponent wasn't good.  We were "okay," but our physical play and confidence was very good.  In the 3rd Quarter, one of their players was down and we went out to check on him.  Our commish asked their header if they wanted to call the game at that point.  Their header said, "F#@& no! We're not quitters! You want us to f#@&ing quit?!"  Our commish said, "Well, the score is 40-0..."  Our commish was just asking...but their header got real ugly about it.  Anyway, the game just got more physical at that point.  1-0, on the season.

--Dave

I'd probably feel pretty inulted as well. Not sure how I could possibly explain to my team that we were quitting.

It's all about having fun.  But losing aint fun!

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

I'd probably feel pretty inulted as well. Not sure how I could possibly explain to my team that we were quitting.

It was a sincere question.  He was concerned for their kids.  They'd had some players hurt.  Their coach's response was boorish and juvenile.  Kinda like your response to OCD about how you'd "kick the ass" of his header.

--Dave

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
COACH JC
(@winged)
Diamond

It was a sincere question.  He was concerned for their kids.  They'd had some players hurt.  Their coach's response was boorish and juvenile.  Kinda like your response to OCD about how you'd "kick the ass" of his header.

--Dave

Lol.

1: Not saying his response was okay. I'd probably have just laughed & said "are you serious?"

2: OCD has explained to us that the coach is question is: crazy, cant be reasoned w/, is endangering children, cursing & belittling em. Damn right I'd kick his ass. At the very least I'd choke him out if he put any of my kids in his crosshairs.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

Damn right I'd kick his ass.

You're a bad man, Jake.  ::)

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
COACH JC
(@winged)
Diamond

You're a bad man, Jake.  ::)

--Dave

🙂 I def have a short fuse w/ adults bullying kids. One of the few things that would still get me to waste my time (& nuckles) on idiots.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

I def have a short fuse w/ adults bullying kids. One of the few things that would still get me to waste my time (& nuckles) on idiots.

And I have a short fuse with idiots.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
COACH JC
(@winged)
Diamond

And I have a short fuse with idiots.

--Dave

Then we agree  😉

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

Dave,
  You guys don't run into problems when scoring after the mercy rule? We would be in deep sh%&. One score over the 28 is tolerated but we better not go 2 tds over. Years ago we faced a team from Detroit at nationals. Good team, great group of guys coaching them(you would of appreciated what this very young staff was trying to do for their very at risk players) and they had beaten teams by 60 and 70 points in the regular season. Apparently none of the PW mercy rules were enforced.
  Congrats on the win. Sounds like you guys did well. Hopefully your schedule gets tougher. Were you happy with what was happening on offense? I know being a dw guy it can be hard to spread it out. Like I said in other post about this mixture, it can be done and it can be done with nasty results.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

You guys don't run into problems when scoring after the mercy rule? We would be in deep sh%&.

--Yes, but there really wasn't much we could do.  They coughed it up at their own 5 and we picked it up and ran it in.  We ran between the tackles, as well as let other kids run the ball who had no business doing so.  It was ridiculous... 

Hopefully your schedule gets tougher.

--Fingers crossed.

Were you happy with what was happening on offense? I know being a dw guy it can be hard to spread it out. Like I said in other post about this mixture, it can be done and it can be done with nasty results.

--No, I don't like how it's implemented.  Two separate offenses being run as two separate offenses.  I was hoping for more of a hybrid, where our DW has bigger splits and the Spread has smaller splits.  We ran both well-enough for Week 1, I suppose.  But our physicality was what won the game for us. 

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

For those following my trials and tribulations of the pre-season and whether we'd have one or two Jr. PeeWee teams...I'd given up my squad so that the other header could keep his team from last year in tact.  So we have one Jr. PeeWee team with a full roster of 35.  And they lost today by two touchdowns...

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
GP
 GP
(@gpenn44)
Gold

Dave where'd you end up? Last I heard your ord didn't have enough to split so you were stepping back so the other coach could fulfill the promises he made to parents.

"Motivation is simple. You eliminate those who are not motivated." - Lou Holtz

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

Dave where'd you end up? Last I heard your ord didn't have enough to split so you were stepping back so the other coach could fulfill the promises he made to parents.

Yes, so I'm an AC on our Jr. Midget team.  I coach the Defensive Ends and our Double Wing.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
GP
 GP
(@gpenn44)
Gold

Good stuff - congrats on the W!

"Motivation is simple. You eliminate those who are not motivated." - Lou Holtz

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

Despite winning 48-0 on Saturday, players were told that practice would be harder today and it was.  Still emphasizing conditioning/toughness with some players crying and another throwing up.  I took two with me to the game field for 240s.  They asked me what they did wrong.  lol  I told them nothing, but both were latecomers and have weight and conditioning issues.  They didn't like like it, at all.  One questioned if he was even going to do it.  I asked for his pads.  He started bearcrawling.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 4
Share: