Notifications
Clear all

Game Result

Page 3 / 4

COACH JC
(@winged)
Diamond

Actually, I think that is against the mercy rules also. I know taking a knee is. We take delays in mercy and burn timeouts. We have even punted on first down. I don't want my offense out there during mercy rule. I don't want to subject my players to that.

If team was on the clock, and you just kept running sweeps fpr TD's, technically you'd get flaged every play, so you couldn't run the score up & wouldn't have to run between the tackles. lol.
Anyhow, we just put all subs in on D. And while we still coach our butts off, we're not heart broken if the other team scores.

We're going to try other stuff this year too. Such as go an entire game w/ out running the ball once.

It's all about having fun.  But losing aint fun!

ReplyQuote
patriotsfatboy1
(@patriotsfatboy1)
Platinum

If team was on the clock, and you just kept running sweeps fpr TD's, technically you'd get flaged every play, so you couldn't run the score up & wouldn't have to run between the tackles. lol.
Anyhow, we just put all subs in on D. And while we still coach our butts off, we're not heart broken if the other team scores.

We're going to try other stuff this year too. Such as go an entire game w/ out running the ball once.

That is the main reason that AYF has in their mercy rule that no association can force teams to run between the tackles. No trick plays and nothing that you have killed teams with during the game, but you can run outside.

ReplyQuote
CoachOCD
(@coachocd)
Platinum

league rules the spirit vs the text.

Many leagues over the years have taken their best players and stack the D2 teams. They do this at the sacrifice of their D1 team, and all of their collective integrity n scruples.

I was coaching a D3 team 1 yr at the 10 to 12 age. We had a good team, we were solid in every position. NO super stars, we were not the biggest or the fastest, but our kids had a very strong will, were mean and tough, never had 1 player lay on field, we had grit! They had that spark in their eyes, fire in their belly ...you as coaches know what I mean. All we heard all season was "yes sir"...We were the hardest hitting team in D3 & D2 league. We went undefeated, but lost twice to 1 team, once during the season and once at the finals.

we werent stacked we were legit
Our D2 team made it to 3rd round playooffs and they were undefeated, 4 fumbels they lost 13 to 12 in a heart breaker at the 2 yd line.
Our D1 team had only 26 points scored on them all season thru the final championship, they won championship
THIS WAS A GOOD GOOD YEAR!!!

The team we faced WAS stacked. And it was so obvious.
They had 9 coaches...10 kids from coaches stacked this team. When they came on field we saw 4 kids almost 6 ft tall (probably 5'8 to 5 10") all faster than shyt, athletic and would all be the studs on any D1 team in the league, including ours!!!
Their O line was beyond max weight, tall and athletic, this team would of made a good game for our D1 team!

9 coaches...??? 5 of which were just bag holding asst  YOU SEE IF YOUR HC OF D2 OR D3 TEAM THE D1 TEAM GETS TO SELECT KIDS FIRST.
BUT THEY CANT PICK ANY KIDS OF COACHES ON YOUR STAFF OR YOUR AD'S KID...and there is no limit to how many coaches you can have
so HC coaches hire, like this case, every dad with a stud player for a son.....WALLA YOUR TEAM IS STACKED!!!

My team deserved that trophy, we still were the best "team", we were just out stud'd BIG TIME! My boys were such good sports, this had to be my favorite team of players.

OCD
haten them cheatin bastards!

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond

That is the main reason that AYF has in their mercy rule that no association can force teams to run between the tackles. No trick plays and nothing that you have killed teams with during the game, but you can run outside.The beauty of the AYF rule was you could still play football. We could run our regular offense including passing. The best part was it allowed our MMP's to develop into complete football players instead of just shlubs.

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

ReplyQuote
COACH JC
(@winged)
Diamond

AYF def has some good stuff going. They basically did the opposite of every complaint people had about PW.
But man, in my area, it is not a good league imo. I helped my buddy start his AYF program past year, and it was pretty unorganized. Tons of forfeits, coaching was borderline insane. It was like the stuff i've heard you guys say "FNT" (i've never actually watched the show) is.

Not to mention, the commisioner is also the president of one of the associations. I don't think I'd ever coach in AYF in my area again.

It's all about having fun.  But losing aint fun!

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond

Definitely seems to be area by area. In Charlotte AYF was the best by a mile, here AYF is way behind Pop Warner.

Joe

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

Many leagues over the years have taken their best players and stack the D2 teams.

Why is this a problem?  If the best players and teams are "stacked" in D2, then aren't they all still playing each other?  And if they aren't, what's the prob?  In high school, 1A can play 2A.  In college, D1 can play D1AA.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond

Definitely seems to be area by area. In Charlotte AYF was the best by a mile, here AYF is way behind Pop Warner.

Joe

I would say in Central Florida, AAU is second to PW. And that is mostly because AAU hasn't been around that long in Florida. Once it hits Jacksonville and Miami, watch out!

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond

I would say in Central Florida, AAU is second to PW. And that is mostly because AAU hasn't been around that long in Florida. Once it hits Jacksonville and Miami, watch out!

Chris

Pop Warner then I think AAU & AYF are close.

Joe

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

There are unlimited leagues in Miami. They aren't as well run as PW but they have great athletes. Some of the best teams in Miami are from an unlimited league but PW is still king down there because of the structure.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

There are unlimited leagues in Miami. They aren't as well run as PW but they have great athletes. Some of the best teams in Miami are from an unlimited league but PW is still king down there because of the structure.

R

I would imagine with PW and AYF Nationals in Florida that the Independents don't do well either.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

R

I would imagine with PW and AYF Nationals in Florida that the Independents don't do well either.

We have 4 independent leagues in our county plus PW. Miami I believe has 5 leagues. Orlando has a bunch as well. Tons of kids play football down here. Part of that is because the winter sports are non existent and LAX hasn't gotten real big yet(though I do know some conferences that are saying they are losing numbers to LAX). I imagine that the independents have more kids playing in them overall but PW is the largest league.

ReplyQuote
dan82564
(@dan82564)
Silver

We run Spread and Double Wing.

How the heck do you mix Spread with DW?? Thats a lot to learn, totally different concepts

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond

R

AAU Nationals are here too. For League Based teams anyways.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

AAU Nationals are here too. For League Based teams anyways.

Yes, it is.  It's mostly done with different personnel.  There's DW personnel and Spread personnel.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 4
Share: