Notifications
Clear all

Game Result

Page 4 / 4

Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond

Yes, it is.  It's mostly done with different personnel.  There's DW personnel and Spread personnel.

--Dave

I know Rob used to run Spread and DW. I know he did it with his NC team.

ReplyQuote
CoachJR267
(@coachjoel)
Silver

We have 4 independent leagues in our county plus PW. Miami I believe has 5 leagues. Orlando has a bunch as well. Tons of kids play football down here. Part of that is because the winter sports are non existent and LAX hasn't gotten real big yet(though I do know some conferences that are saying they are losing numbers to LAX). I imagine that the independents have more kids playing in them overall but PW is the largest league.

Similar situation in Tampa. 4 independent leagues with 3 of those averaging 14 teams each, the other is a small AYF affiliated league with 4-6 teams, and we also have those of us in PW. Three of the independents are unlimited weight.

To do what ought to be done but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

I know Rob used to run Spread and DW. I know he did it with his NC team.

We did it with our 2nd NC team. But I wouldn't call it spread per say. We ran power from spread. Joe's team was a power team from spread a few years ago, with power read being his bread and butter. We just didn't read. No zone and just a few passing concepts. We mostly spread the defense to run. We thought long and hard on how to merge the two so the kids could run both. Another thing is that our dw isn't true dw either. We started teaching GOB a few years back because our line could usually account for the head up blocks. We wanted the body on a backer more than a double unless the inside lineman called for the double. The power scheme we used in spread we also used in dw(we had power kick where the guard kicks and regular power where the fb kicks) so there was no new learning. Our run game from spread was basically the same from the dw by design. terminology and technique was the same.

Dave is having to teach his kids totally different stuff. We run dw, sw, and some spread but it really is just formations to us.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

Dave is having to teach his kids totally different stuff.

TOTALLY.  Ugh...

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
GP
 GP
(@gpenn44)
Gold

TOTALLY.  Ugh...

--Dave

That's annoying.

"Motivation is simple. You eliminate those who are not motivated." - Lou Holtz

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

Went to 3-0 today, winning 48-0.  Game was 32-0 at the half.  Opponent was undefeated last year at the younger PeeWee (D3) level and 1-0 this year.  We are averaging 44 points per game (48-0, 37-0, 48-0).  No injuries today.  But the parents...my goodness.  Some people should never be allowed out of the house.  Amazing...

--Dave

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
GP
 GP
(@gpenn44)
Gold

Went to 3-0 today, winning 48-0.  Game was 32-0 at the half.  Opponent was undefeated last year at the younger PeeWee (D3) level and 1-0 this year.  We are averaging 44 points per game (48-0, 37-0, 48-0).  No injuries today.  But the parents...my goodness.  Some people should never be allowed out of the house.  Amazing...

--Dave

LOL what happened? Congrats on the W - kickin butt!

"Motivation is simple. You eliminate those who are not motivated." - Lou Holtz

ReplyQuote
patriotsfatboy1
(@patriotsfatboy1)
Platinum

Is the team clicking or just a scheduling anomaly?

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

Is the team clicking or just a scheduling anomaly?

We're improving with each game, despite losing a starting DE for the season with a broken wrist in practice this week.  We're an okay football team, but our opponents (who have decent talent) just have below average coaching.  I feel bad for their players, but really upset at their coaches who just aren't equipped to be on the sidelines.  So right now, it's scheduling...

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4
Share: