Game Tonight  

RSS

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
September 9, 2019 9:28 am  

Since we were hurricaned out on Friday night, we are making up our game tonight.  We're playing the back-to-back-to-back state champions at their place.  According to MaxPreps, they are ranked #12 in the state right now, while we're #17.  They're 1-1, having lost to #9 Cardinal Gibbons.  We're 2-0.  We're without our starting DT tonight, due to injury.  He's a Division 1 recruit that's committed to UNC-Charlotte.  And our starting Center is questionable.  He was hurt in our previous game and after that, the shotgun snaps looked like the closing scene in Arthur Penn's "Bonnie and Clyde."

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

Bill03
(@bill03)
Copper
AC
September 9, 2019 1:40 pm  

Good luck tonight coach!!!

ReplyQuote
CoachHouston
(@danhouston)
Copper
September 9, 2019 3:59 pm  

Good luck Coach!

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
September 9, 2019 8:18 pm  

Got annihilated, 52-6.  They weren't a little bit better; they were so much better than us it was amazing.  They even made a 49-yard field goal.  They ran a gun Wing-T and it was a thing of beauty.  Oh well....at least we know what the gap is.  And it's huge.

--Dave

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
September 10, 2019 5:46 am  

At least our backup Center's shotgun snaps were on target.  But that's about the only thing that was. 

Kids got back to the school late last night, so Coach is giving them today off.  However, we are still having JV practice today, despite the fact that JV has an open date this week.

BTW--one of my jobs on the staff is inputting all of the down/distance/ball-on info into Hudl.  13 coaches on the staff and who gets picked to input the Hudl info?  Oh, the irony of it all...

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
spidermac
(@spidermac)
Gold
September 10, 2019 9:45 am  

BTW--one of my jobs on the staff is inputting all of the down/distance/ball-on info into Hudl.  13 coaches on the staff and who gets picked to input the Hudl info?  Oh, the irony of it all...

--Dave

I did that last night for our film and opponent scout...

None of them suck, they just haven't found what the kid is good at yet.

ReplyQuote
Share: