Limped into playoff...

Notifications
Clear all

Limped into playoffs lost 32-14

billb7581
(@billb7581)
Bronze
Topic starter  

Kids played hard, we were just outmanned, and injury depleted.    The team we were playing draws from a city of 90K people, we are a small town program with a population of 9K.

The league rep doing our MPR's couldnt believe we had 5 MPP's with a 17 kid roster and was supprised we were as competitive as we were this season.

I'm saddened, as my son will not be able to play football next season due to age/weight restrictions.    He will most likely be too heavy for JM, and too young to play midget.

Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite

The league rep doing our MPR's couldnt believe we had 5 MPP's with a 17 kid roster

I can't believe it, either.

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

I'm saddened, as my son will not be able to play football next season due to age/weight restrictions.    He will most likely be too heavy for JM, and too young to play midget.

B

There has to be a solution...somehow...somewhere.

Nice season !

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
billb7581
(@billb7581)
Bronze
Topic starter  

I can't believe it, either.

We weren't going to even have a team.  The HC rounded up some kids, 2 of them never played a team sport, and the other ones were all small enough to play down, but played up to help our numbers.

The other team knew who they were, and either lined a stud up on them, or ran right at them.  We had a 14-13 lead, put some MPP's in deep in their end, they spread us out, taking all our good players out of the box, and ran a 50 yard dive play.

We just didnt have speed to catch them in the open field.  We have fast kids, and big kids, but they had two kids every bit of 145lbs that were faster than anyone we had out there.

ReplyQuote
billb7581
(@billb7581)
Bronze
Topic starter  

B

There has to be a solution...somehow...somewhere.

Nice season !

Unless someone switches leagues, he's too young for middle school unlimited, and too young for Pop Warner Midget but probably will be too big to play Jr Midget.  He averages a couple of inches and 15-20 lbs per year so I am looking at him being around 5'7" 165 next year, but only 11, and you need to be 12 to play midget.  The only other unlimited league doesnt have a squad nearby, hopefully someone joins that league.  Since they only have 4 brackets (u8,u10,u12,u14) you would think one of these smaller towns struggling with numbers would join that league, but it hasn't happened yet. 

ReplyQuote
Share: