Notifications

My 2015 Season without Mahonz Jr- GM 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, R1, R2, Champ  

Page 5 / 19
  RSS

mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
October 3, 2015 4:05 pm  

To be honest, I'm not aware of much that could be more important in youth football immediately after a game than a snack.

The Crunch Bar Award is all we care about post game...way more important than a fucking snack.

If one of the Player's litter Sister had been standing next too me I'd have given it to her.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite
October 3, 2015 4:07 pm  

we

As the saying goes, Is there a mouse in your pocket?

🙂

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
October 3, 2015 4:08 pm  

As the saying goes, Is there a mouse in your pocket?

🙂

😉

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
October 3, 2015 4:15 pm  

lol.  not laughing at your plight, but at the postgame snacks.  that got so bad last year that I nixed them this year.  the parents thought(think) I am a Nazi or whatever, but if I had to deal with everybody worrying about their juiceboxes and cupcakes one more time, I in all honesty think I may have suffered a stroke.

coach, I have no idea if it is helpful, but two weeks ago we had a similar offensive situations.  we weren't as fortunate as you in terms of opponent, we played perhaps the best team in our league.  we lost 6-0 on a 74 yard punt return, our offense was abysmal.  I won't go into particulars.

the next week we basically started with our bread and butter play(OT Power), walked through it slow, worked with the backs and OL to make sure they knew THAT play, and went from there.  the next two weeks we scored a combined 78 points. 

sometimes when you get your ass handed to you(or you are really sloppy) you gotta go back to basics.

P

Oh Im laughing at this Team right now.

No effort...lazy....over confident....sleepwalking crap. It was really a tough game to coach. I even got a sideline warning and I wasn't even talking to the Refs. They were fine but knew I was about to go all China Syndrome on some children.  >:(

Normally Im a rather calm fellow. I need to impose my 24 hour Rule on myself.

ReplyQuote
Vince148
(@vince148)
Gold
October 3, 2015 5:02 pm  

I even blew up on them post game because all they gave a fuck about is their bullshit post game snacks and went for them first before our post game breakdown. I was mortified.  It was all I could do to keep my composure in front of the parents.

Well, at least you got them after the game. I remember a couple of years ago when a mother brought them some mud cake for a half-time snack! I was like, "Are you kidding me???"

ReplyQuote
joshv155
(@joshv155)
Platinum
October 3, 2015 8:17 pm  

M -

Didn't you say you are 70-30 defense to offense this season in practice ? What do you expect ? Offense takes much longer to come together than D.  If your D is rolling you only need to score once.

Passio Bellator

ReplyQuote
gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum
October 3, 2015 10:11 pm  

You should have seen the mom who realized she screwed up by giving out the snacks early. Poor lady.

When in doot . . . glass and oot.

ReplyQuote
angalton
(@angalton)
Platinum
October 4, 2015 4:24 am  

Kids are starving. Moms are crying. Refs making great calls. Dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria.

The greatest accomplishment is not in never failing, but in rising again after you fail.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
October 4, 2015 6:47 am  

M -

Didn't you say you are 70-30 defense to offense this season in practice ? What do you expect ? Offense takes much longer to come together than D.  If your D is rolling you only need to score once.

J

That was early on. Its mid season now.

I think 6 of the 11 got called for false start....we always go on first sound. Our QB got called for a face-mask.....4 or 5 holding calls....3 or 4 interceptions....more than one 1st and 20+....more than one 4th and 10+...against the worst team in our Division?

One PAT tuned into a 30 yard FG attempt which we faked because we cant even kick a PAT because suddenly we cant block.

Then for some dumb reason I couldn't call a time out....a player on the field had too? I think that was the rule in like 1954.

Games roll off my back rather quickly. I am more pissed off today than I was yesterday. This is one lazy ass football team that thinks they are good.

ReplyQuote
O-Lcoach
(@o-lcoach)
Copper
October 4, 2015 8:58 am  

After watching the film Mike what I took away from it is yeah the line is lasy need to bust some butts this week, and I'm not using this as a excuse but the refs might as well just left their rags on the ground and not bothered picking up plus on the xp's I thought you couldn't line up in the A gaps I'm I wrong but that's what I saw from NM. BUT in the end yes you should be P. O.ed. No excuses.
See you Thursday.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
October 5, 2015 2:33 pm  

After watching the film Mike what I took away from it is yeah the line is lasy need to bust some butts this week, and I'm not using this as a excuse but the refs might as well just left their rags on the ground and not bothered picking up plus on the xp's I thought you couldn't line up in the A gaps I'm I wrong but that's what I saw from NM. BUT in the end yes you should be P. O.ed. No excuses.
See you Thursday.

R

I watched the non Hudl film so I could hear the calls again and what number.

I couldn't find half the penalties called. Surprising because we had that White Hat two weeks ago and he was really good.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
October 10, 2015 10:14 am  

Our bully boy Team is back after taking last week off...mentally.

Something strange is in the air. Last week we had to defend a little bit of Beast. They weren't very good at it. Today we played the 2014 D3 defending Champs and they ran at least 20 Beast plays at us and did great.

You just cant consistently stop this offense if you have some players. They had the players.

We were able to make a few more plays than them and won 32-12. They were scrappers. We had scouted them but it had been a few weeks. The Beast was a surprise. Turns out others are scouting us and then copying the Beast. Their HC did a great job with it.

We are in the midst of a rather unique experiment that I think Im liking and will keep for the playoffs.  We run 3 different QB's now and each one fits into a particular system...one for Beast....one for Power I and one for 5 wide Empty. They all did well.

What is amazing about this group of misfits....we are deep at every position and the kids are really dialing it in and beginning to execute without confusion.

Defense is crushing it. No issue there. Offense I do believe is fine now.

5-1 and rolling again.  🙂

ReplyQuote
spidermac
(@spidermac)
Gold
October 11, 2015 9:25 am  

There are 4 teams that copied our Beast from us...they all run it a little differently than we do, but, we know how to defend it, we have played 3 of them over the last 3 weeks and won all three by a combined score of 76 - 18.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery 🙂

None of them suck, they just haven't found what the kid is good at yet.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
October 17, 2015 2:25 pm  

Finally !.... got a shutout win....26-0.

6-1 and probably locked up the 3rd seed for the playoffs.

Gotta say this opponent was interesting to defend. Classic UBSW plus UBSW with the BB going SIDE SADDLE under center with a WB wide and running a rocket action into a spinner action.

Our players didn't know who had the ball at times. Snap it to BB in side saddle and run wedge which we struggled with.....snap it to the TB as he ran spinner keep or hand off to the rocket man or counter to the FB. Their Rocket Man could also pass so add half back pass to the equation.

If they had a few more players this team would have been a real handful. Scrappy bunch for sure.

Anyway Caaaarazy weird Offense. I will post some clips. Bob Goodman will be proud. IT WORK's Fellas. No more making fun of him.  🙂

ReplyQuote
davecisar
(@davecisar)
Diamond
October 17, 2015 3:47 pm  

Finally !.... got a shutout win....26-0.

6-1 and probably locked up the 3rd seed for the playoffs.

Gotta say this opponent was interesting to defend. Classic UBSW plus UBSW with the BB going SIDE SADDLE under center with a WB wide and running a rocket action into a spinner action.

Our players didn't know who had the ball at times. Snap it to BB in side saddle and run wedge which we struggled with.....snap it to the TB as he ran spinner keep or hand off to the rocket man or counter to the FB. Their Rocket Man could also pass so add half back pass to the equation.

If they had a few more players this team would have been a real handful. Scrappy bunch for sure.

Anyway Caaaarazy weird Offense. I will post some clips. Bob Goodman will be proud. IT WORK's Fellas. No more making fun of him.  🙂

How does something "work" when you shut it out

Same for guys saying X y or Z "works" and they are scoring 0-7 points every week  ::)

However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.Winston Churchill

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 19
Share: