My 2019 Fall Season GM1, GM2, GM3. GM4, GM5, GM6, GM7, GM8  

Page 10 / 11
  RSS

gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum
October 14, 2019 8:43 am  

I'm sorry.  But I laughed at this.

I wish I could laugh at it. Maybe someday.

I was scouting this opponent about 8 days ago. Their opponent was a machine. Their QB caught my eye. His body language, demeanor, command of the offense . . . Then I thought of our QB. I call him Eeyore. He is a feather in the wind. He makes eye contact with receivers and throws the opposite direction. He's actually done this twice in games. He starts the cadence, then pauses to make eye contact with one back who is "fixing" another back by putting him in position . . . then resumes the cadence while both backs are out of position and moving. Never breaking eye contact. Yet, he's all we've got.

We bailed on Beast after game 2 because our C sent 70% of his snaps into "no man's land". So we can't even run an offense with no QB. Well, after our last game, we're going back to Beast.

When in doot . . . glass and oot.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
October 14, 2019 8:55 am  

I was scouting this opponent about 8 days ago. Their opponent was a machine. Their QB caught my eye. His body language, demeanor, command of the offense . . . Then I thought of our QB. I call him Eeyore. He is a feather in the wind. He makes eye contact with receivers and throws the opposite direction. He's actually done this twice in games. He starts the cadence, then pauses to make eye contact with one back who is "fixing" another back by putting him in position . . . then resumes the cadence while both backs are out of position and moving. Never breaking eye contact. Yet, he's all we've got.

We bailed on Beast after game 2 because our C sent 70% of his snaps into "no man's land". So we can't even run an offense with no QB. Well, after our last game, we're going back to Beast.

Serenity now !  🙂

The whole season is laughable. The best part has been brainstorming with you. To think a bunch of 8 year olds have kicked our butts... :-[

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
Coach E
(@coache)
Gold
October 14, 2019 9:14 am  

Is this thread for real? I can't believe it's for real.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.- Marcus Aurelius

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
October 14, 2019 9:16 am  

Is this thread for real? I can't believe it's for real.

I have been asking myself this for a month now.  :'(

ReplyQuote
coachmiket
(@coachmiket)
Gold
October 14, 2019 11:39 am  

Trust me. You will laugh at it.  And you should do so on the sooner side.  It's a game. And someday you'll wish you were back on the field with these knuckleheads.

My first year coaching football the team mom did the orange slice at halftime thing.  I think a kid tried to use an orange peel as a mouth guard during the post halftime warmup things.  Hilarious.  Other than the fact that we had white jerseys that would be streaked with orange juice every freaking second half.  Which I'm laughing at as I type this.

But for real, in the thread about this site closing down they are mentioning youth football being under attack and dwindling numbers.  Your goals as a coach of little kids should include: teaching them how to play the game correctly and safely and making sure they find enough enjoyment in this season to want to come back the next season.

Oh, and to the point of comparing the other QB to yours.....I forget where I heard this...maybe at a USA Basketball clinic...."comparison is the thief of joy."  That has resonated hardcore with me as I try to build my basketball club.

Lighten up, Francis.  ;D

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
October 14, 2019 12:23 pm  

Trust me. You will laugh at it.  And you should do so on the sooner side.  It's a game. And someday you'll wish you were back on the field with these knuckleheads.

My first year coaching football the team mom did the orange slice at halftime thing.  I think a kid tried to use an orange peel as a mouth guard during the post halftime warmup things.  Hilarious.  Other than the fact that we had white jerseys that would be streaked with orange juice every freaking second half.  Which I'm laughing at as I type this.

But for real, in the thread about this site closing down they are mentioning youth football being under attack and dwindling numbers.  Your goals as a coach of little kids should include: teaching them how to play the game correctly and safely and making sure they find enough enjoyment in this season to want to come back the next season.

Oh, and to the point of comparing the other QB to yours.....I forget where I heard this...maybe at a USA Basketball clinic...."comparison is the thief of joy."  That has resonated hardcore with me as I try to build my basketball club.

Lighten up, Francis.  ;D

You've never met our QB.  😛

ReplyQuote
coachmiket
(@coachmiket)
Gold
October 14, 2019 12:26 pm  

True enough.

But I think we've all had "that kid" a time or two.

ReplyQuote
gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum
October 14, 2019 1:28 pm  

True enough.

But I think we've all had "that kid" a time or two.

Absolutely, and he's either played short end or WR for us. On this team, he's the starting QB.  ???

ReplyQuote
gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum
October 14, 2019 1:30 pm  

Yeah, I've made up my mind. I'm coming back and will keep coming back as long as there's a team and as long as I'm welcome. It's a personal challenge now. Sadly, there won't be a Dumcoach where I can tell you about how I finally convinced Mahonz to let me run the DW.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
October 14, 2019 5:07 pm  

Sadly, there won't be a Dumcoach where I can tell you about how I finally convinced Mahonz to let me run the DW.

Man....I would LOVE to read about that.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
coachmiket
(@coachmiket)
Gold
October 15, 2019 5:17 am  

Yeah, I've made up my mind. I'm coming back and will keep coming back as long as there's a team and as long as I'm welcome. It's a personal challenge now. Sadly, there won't be a Dumcoach where I can tell you about how I finally convinced Mahonz to let me run the DW.

Is Delphi still alive?  ;D

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
October 19, 2019 11:26 am  

GAME SEVEN

The weather was frightful this eve my friends. 50 mph winds and cold.

We are missing a DE, a WO and our QB pulls a muscle in his back putting his helmet on during warm-ups. Tough kid...great player....cannot fight thru the pain.

Opponent has 12 players plus one manimal. We have 20 players plus no manimals.

Opponents manimal scores 40...even steals the football from one of our RB's for a TD.  Our shivering leafs score 6. Very strange game. High winds do weird things to Smurfs. If we had no luck we'd have no luck at all. Its laughable but I just took a breath and enjoyed the moments.

We dont totally suck though. Standings go by PA. 0-7 but are in 11th place out of 12 teams with 238 PA. The 12th place and last place team has given up 246.

YAH !!!!....we are not in last place !!!!

One more game vs another horrible team.

ReplyQuote
Rockets11
(@rockets11)
Bronze
October 19, 2019 11:50 am  

our QB pulls a muscle in his back putting his helmet on during warm-ups. Tough kid...great player....cannot fight thru the pain.

Absolutely, and he's either played short end or WR for us. On this team, he's the starting QB.  ???

I'm confused :- ???

ReplyQuote
gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum
October 19, 2019 3:36 pm  

our QB pulls a muscle in his back putting his helmet on during warm-ups. Tough kid...great player....cannot fight thru the pain.

I'm confused :- ???

Changed QBs. The kid I was talking about got the nod when the new QB went down in warmups.

ReplyQuote
jrk5150
(@jrk5150)
Diamond
October 22, 2019 8:52 am  

Kind of reminds me of how Coach John K. was starting to feel towards the end of his youth coaching a couple years ago on here.

Yes, it does.  It looks a LOT like that.

BDJackson got me a little fired up this past weekend over a 3 hour lunch (sorry about that dude) to where I was thinking maybe I'd think about grabbing a whistle next year.

Then I went to his game, and read this thread...and, well, maybe not.

I was having severe flashbacks while reading this.  I was going to make a crack about PTSD but that's way too serious an issue to make light of.  That said - it wasn't a good feeling, honestly.

ReplyQuote
Page 10 / 11
Share: