Clear all

My 2019 Spring Season Games 1-6, GM7, GM8, Championship Bowl Game

Page 1 / 5

mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

Well....this was unexpected.

Lar took the time to attend many of the HS Freshman games last Fall that most all of our former players play for now.

Spring ball allows any 9th grader under 165 pounds to play in the 8th grade Division.

So the players started "working" Gumby over about playing one more Spring season so he told them....recruit the players and we will field a team...thinking it would never happen. He also checked with one of the HS Headers and he blessed the idea 100%. Just got the blessings from another one today.

So the kids have managed to squirrel together about 20 9th graders  from 3 different HS Programs. We are pulling the trigger. By the end of the month we may hit 25. Talking to some of the parents for adult confirmation...they too are all in. I am a bit surprised.

Thing is all of these kids will be under 165 pounds in an unlimited weight no backfield limitation Division. So we are going to run the A 11 Offense since its legal in youth ball and Lar is designing an Amoeba 30 front for the Defense.

I checked our 8th grade roster from last season....2 300 pounders and 7 200+ pounders. If we have even one player over 165 pounds he will be an 8th graders and that kid is not on the preliminary roster as of today.

This is going to be....interesting to say the least. We do have some serious speed so we should be OK.

I think we need to change our team name to the Smurfs.  😀

What is beautiful, lives forever.

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

The A 11?  Man, will you never learn?  lol

—Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

The A 11?  Man, will you never learn?  lol

—Dave

Oh...but I have an improvement idea after the last time we ran it.  8)

ReplyQuote
Vince148
(@vince148)
Gold

MEGASPLITS!...MEGASPLITS!...MEGASPLITS!

ReplyQuote
Wing-n-It
(@robert)
Platinum Moderator

Oh...but I have an improvement idea after the last time we ran it.  8)

says everyone who is in your situation

2 Things my offense will always have is a Wing and a Wedge

ReplyQuote
angalton
(@angalton)
Platinum

Good luck Coach. Keep us updated, so I can coach vicariously  through your season. 🙂

The greatest accomplishment is not in never failing, but in rising again after you fail.

ReplyQuote
gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum

MEGASPLITS!...MEGASPLITS!...MEGASPLITS!

LOL! That was never in question. The way we roll, I think there's a 3% chance that we will run A-11 the entire season. There's a 95% chance we will run Beast with a tiny line at some point. This will test Michael's mega splits dogma to the max.

When in doot . . . glass and oot.

ReplyQuote
Vince148
(@vince148)
Gold

LOL! That was never in question. The way we roll, I think there's a 3% chance that we will run A-11 the entire season. There's a 95% chance we will run Beast with a tiny line at some point. This will test Michael's mega splits dogma to the max.

I was thinking the same thing when I initially read his post. A-11 will last for about 1/2 of the first game never to be seen again.

ReplyQuote
gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum

I was thinking the same thing when I initially read his post. A-11 will last for about 1/2 of the first game never to be seen again.

I think it's more likely that we use it as a "package". If everything is clicking, we typically roll 3 different "offenses" on any given day.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

Depends on the QB...currently we have maybe 5 to choose from but that does not mean any of them can do it.

The only time I have run this O the QB was huge and quite accurate but slowish. This go round will be smallish and very fast. Just need accurate.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

Dont forget who is calling plays this go round.  😉 😉

ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond

You have 1 year more mature players then your competition. Equivalent to an older lighter in pop warner and the A-11 comes out... bruh!

Im curious of your creation, and as a polecat advocate to anyone wanting to try to chuck n duck i approve the similiar a-11 , just think its a bit too... dare i say "complicated" ?

What happened to mega split beast?

I can explain it to you, I can't understand if for you.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

You have 1 year more mature players then your competition. Equivalent to an older lighter in pop warner and the A-11 comes out... bruh!

Im curious of your creation, and as a polecat advocate to anyone wanting to try to chuck n duck i approve the similiar a-11 , just think its a bit too... dare i say "complicated" ?

What happened to mega split beast?

Lots of all star teams squirreled together in spring ball and lots of linemen dont play baseball, LAX or sokker so lots of teams have pretty serious size. The team we coached last spring was the heaviest I have ever coached.

We will be tiny compared to most opponents although I know nothing about this Division.

So...why not try the A 11 again. I really enjoyed it even though that was an 0-8 season. We could score....couldn't play any Defense. Lost many games 40-30.

Im going to fix what I did wrong last time. We will huddle so the Officials have time to look at the formations. Then a quick check with me.  Last time it was all hurry up no huddle and most of the Crews struggled to keep up. One thing about this spring league...the officiating is pretty darn good.

Also my formations were to wide last go round. I had a hard time seeing everything. We will be more bunched this go round. It is complicated for one position...the QB....but I have devised a system whereas the QB can be a bit of a potato head and be OK. Its really not all that different than the Polecat except all 11 positions can indeed be eligible to run or pass at any given time.

I will certainly share what we are up to for sure and the beast will be part of the equation.

ReplyQuote
gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum

Dont forget who is calling plays this go round.  😉 😉

Yeah, I might not even be involved in the offense. I can be the Left Inside Receivers Coach.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

Its official....practice permits in hand...players squirreled together 22 recruits...6 coaches on board....A11 and 33 amoeba designed....

We start 3/12 with games beginning on 3/30 in a Division we know nothing about. I only know half the players.

This is a total experiment. Biggest player is an 8th grader at 180 pounds. We are rolling with no true Linemen  ???

Should be very interesting.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 5
Share: