RSS

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
November 3, 2020 12:05 pm  
Posted by: @gumby_in_co

Parents from the "suburban" team (Mahonz and my org) claim that she cursed, but said, "Quit complaining to the ref and take care of your f----ing player". 

That kind of reply has no place at a children's sporting event.  So while the cries of "racism" or "racial epithets" may be dubious, there's no doubt that the "mom" in question started the whole thing.  Does is it matter how she started it?  I'd say, "No."  And instead of specifically insulting a minority, she instead decides to insult everyone with her language.  Which is worse?

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum
November 3, 2020 2:28 pm  
Posted by: @coachdp
Posted by: @gumby_in_co

Parents from the "suburban" team (Mahonz and my org) claim that she cursed, but said, "Quit complaining to the ref and take care of your f----ing player". 

That kind of reply has no place at a children's sporting event.  So while the cries of "racism" or "racial epithets" may be dubious, there's no doubt that the "mom" in question started the whole thing.  Does is it matter how she started it?  I'd say, "No."  And instead of specifically insulting a minority, she instead decides to insult everyone with her language.  Which is worse?

--Dave

Agree 100%, but in today's unusual climate, a racial epithet seems to imply "special permission" to escalate even to the level of violence. I don't subscribe to that at all, but it seems like many do. 

In the 2 games that I monitored closely, F-bombs were flying from both sides. I even considered intervening, but decided to let the white hat do his job his way. 

I wasn't at the 2nd grade game, but I would be absolutely shocked if the "mom" in question started anything. What I'm saying is, I'm sure the first F-bomb came out before the coin toss. 

When in doot . . . glass and oot.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
November 3, 2020 7:07 pm  

I get it.  

It's amazing the amount of people who feel entitled to indulge in bad behavior simply because they're upset.  I think we call them, "children."  "I can burn down buildings, smash windows and rob stores because I'm upset."  Etc.  Not to get political, but it seems that if one is upset that they have been slighted, that entitles them to wreak havoc.  

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 5
Share: