My Fall 2016 Season...

Notifications
Clear all

My Fall 2016 Season - PS, GM1, GM2, GM3, GM4, GM5, GM6, GM7, GM8, R1

Page 3 / 5

patriotsfatboy1
(@patriotsfatboy1)
Platinum

Any correlation between their lack of discipline and your delegation of authority?

ReplyQuote
angalton
(@angalton)
Platinum

Odd loss.

Defensively I have not been happy with some things, Offense is clunky. ST's is fine.

Today the Defense gave up 2 quick scores....then we adjusted and shut them down for the rest of the game. Really tough multiple Offense too defend. They pass as well as they run and I cant remember a single completion. Shocking...in a good way.

Offense....no real answers here. Im scratching my head. They move the ball well but are averaging 3 turnovers per game to include a pick 6 today....a really bad one at a key moment in the game when we had taken back the momentum...after driving right down the field completing 6 passes in a row capped off by a TD.  They execute most of the time...we have good talent, nice system, hard working and very detailed coaches...that keeps hitting these walls. We even changed football manufactures this week for our game balls.

Just have to keep after it is my take. We go down 24-8. Worst defeat in years.

Probably one of the hardest hitting games in memory. Two of theirs did finish the game and nether did 2 of ours.

But Im happy....after nearly a 10 year hiatus...the 353 is coming back too me now. 32 points allowed in 5 games with 3 shutouts. But wait....Im not happy....gotta get the Offense on tack and we roll. We have only scored 82 points in 5 games and got shut out once. Not gonna cut it.

Three quality opponents left on the Regular season schedule.

3-2

M

I think it is the age. One of my coaches is a 7th grade teacher. He thinks that the kids are actually regressing in intelligence, at this age. My team has run the same plays since the beginning of the season, if I change any part of the formation, they all lose their minds. They all want to be cool. Hang in there and work their asses off.

The greatest accomplishment is not in never failing, but in rising again after you fail.

ReplyQuote
gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum

M

I think it is the age. One of my coaches is a 7th grade teacher. He thinks that the kids are actually regressing in intelligence, at this age. My team has run the same plays since the beginning of the season, if I change any part of the formation, they all lose their minds. They all want to be cool. Hang in there and work their asses off.

You're not the first person to suggest this. This is the first time I've coached middle schoolers in football. Last night was bad. After a particularly bad play, Mahonz jumped them pretty good and then sent them on a lap. As they were leaving, I could hear laughing and joking. I lost my mind so we had them run bellies for awhile. We practiced like we expected them to for the remaining 10 minutes. At least we found the formula, but not how I like to roll.

When in doot . . . glass and oot.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

Any correlation between their lack of discipline and your delegation of authority?

Good question.

Im thinking no. Worked great last season. Besides, most of them are better coaches than I am.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

Couple of the Players asked to speak to the Team yesterday before we began practice. Gave them the floor. No idea what they talked about but it helped.

Today they crushed the UBSW Cocka Roaches 34-12.

Zero turnovers. We had about 8 penalties early. Really odd. Like I said...this opponent is the UBSW Cocka Roaches. Their DLM were barking out our Cadence.

Bush League team top to bottom. They had quite a few sideline warnings today. Have em on Scout film running Wrong Ball. Didn't do it today....good thing too. Their QB would have been carted off the field.

Team played well.  Vomit Staff is gone. Hope we never see this team again. At least they weren't illegally cutting like last season. Their Staff needs to get the F off youtube. 

Movin' on....nothing more too see here.

4-2.

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond

M

Congratulations!

Joe

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

ReplyQuote
angalton
(@angalton)
Platinum

Congratulations Coach

The greatest accomplishment is not in never failing, but in rising again after you fail.

ReplyQuote
patriotsfatboy1
(@patriotsfatboy1)
Platinum

Always good to beat the snot out of classless teams. Good job, Coach!

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

What a game!...if you are an idiot.

Rematch of last years Championship.

Down 20-16...we have the ball 4th and 3 on their 20. About 1:30 left in the game with 2 TO's. We have em on the ropes. The opponent is spent. Redemption for the Championship game is indeed in sight.

Bodies are being carried off the field. Mojo has kicked in and we are flipplin' rolling.

I tell the OC....Elk 10 Buck Sierra and overload with Boat ( a run ). I rarely call plays unless I see something and boy did I see something.  Its a flipping TD. We even call TO to get everyone focused. So what does the OC do? Shits the bed and calls the pass version of this play with the overload BACKWARDS and we lose 26-16.

I was yelling at the QB not to snap the football and take the delay of game since I cant call 2 TO's in a row. He cant hear me.

I wanted to rip the face right off my OC. Dumb beyond comprehension. Even the tagged receiver was FUCKING COVERED due to the overload.  !!!!!

Says he misunderstood me. SMFH. Oh well. He does call a good game....this episode just simply cant happen in tight games. I should have said nothing.

4-3 now. Next week another very good team. If we win we are the #4 seed....lose and we are #6.  This Division is an absolute dogfight. No runaway teams. Most every game this season has come down to 3 or 4 plays and we absolutely blew it today.

Im spent.

ReplyQuote
angalton
(@angalton)
Platinum

That is a tough one. I am taking over the O for our next three games. If we are going down, the captain is going down with the ship.

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond

Did you call the play during the time out?

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

Did you call the play during the time out?

No. I told the OC that due to the other team being spent they had players playing out of position so I called TO to give him time to get water and himself into the huddle. It was about 100 degrees on the turf field and both teams were out of energy. We have the best DL in the League and they were crawling along.

I was the HC yesterday. Our new HC blew out his knee and had surgery on Friday. I am a floater helping the DC and the OC. Plus I manage all subs for them and due to the extreme heat kids were rolling in and out nearly every play.

ReplyQuote
HCScott
(@herb-scott)
Bronze

What a game!...if you are an idiot.

Rematch of last years Championship.

Down 20-16...we have the ball 4th and 3 on their 20. About 1:30 left in the game with 2 TO's. We have em on the ropes. The opponent is spent. Redemption for the Championship game is indeed in sight.

Bodies are being carried off the field. Mojo has kicked in and we are flipplin' rolling.

I tell the OC....Elk 10 Buck Sierra and overload with Boat ( a run ). I rarely call plays unless I see something and boy did I see something.  Its a flipping TD. We even call TO to get everyone focused. So what does the OC do? Shits the bed and calls the pass version of this play with the overload BACKWARDS and we lose 26-16.

I was yelling at the QB not to snap the football and take the delay of game since I cant call 2 TO's in a row. He cant hear me.

I wanted to rip the face right off my OC. Dumb beyond comprehension. Even the tagged receiver was FUCKING COVERED due to the overload.  !!!!!

Says he misunderstood me. SMFH. Oh well. He does call a good game....this episode just simply cant happen in tight games. I should have said nothing.

4-3 now. Next week another very good team. If we win we are the #4 seed....lose and we are #6.  This Division is an absolute dogfight. No runaway teams. Most every game this season has come down to 3 or 4 plays and we absolutely blew it today.

Im spent.

Man that's a tough one. I experienced a similar situation Saturday when I had my son check out of Mouse 32 wedge to Burst 26 G on an extra point attempt that failed. We ended up losing 14-13. He's pissed but they were stacked for the wedge play. Later from the 3 yard line with 15 seconds to go he called Burst 26 G and we were stopped short and the clock ran out on us, so he can't be too mad at me.

"The quarterback must go down and he must go down hard"

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

Last Regular Season game.

Im pretty amp'd. Played a team that came in 5-2 and playing really well.

We ripped their flippin' faces off. Best Mojo game in two years.

Had to call Gumby after the game and ask him What the What just happened. Got to know their Header over the last year. Good man. Lots of support for my son this past off season. Afterwards he was shell shocked.

Won 32-12 but its not the score....its how hard we hit this opponent every single play on both sides of the football and in bunches. We had over 100 yards in penalties and I didn't care. Pussy mercy flags. Refs trying to control our aggression. I cant remember one single solo tackle. Some of our OLM were pancaking DLM 10 yards down field.

After the first quarter....fade left and fade right were the only plays they had left and they were VERY good at it. So we went to what Gumby is calling our Charmin coverage and it worked beautifully. Cover 7 with 3 playing the play and 4 playing the player...and they still couldn't run the football. Our TNT took over the game and started knocking opponents out of the game.

Finish up 5-3 which I think puts us as the 4th or 5th seed. Either way no matter...4 plays 5 in the playoffs. If we can play like this....wow...cant be beat. Best I have seen one of my teams plays in a long time.

So...what did we do different this week? We have been a very up and down team all season beating the teams we were supposed to beat and losing the the upper echelon teams.

A lot. Not one minute of Indy. Not one minute of Scout. About 20% Offense and about 80% Defense all half line all hands drilling with any players on a rotation running nothing but man and zone drills. All 7 coaches coaching their asses off all at the same time in mad dash fast fashion....AS A GROUP ALL TOGETHER in one giant drill.

We even made some shit up as we went along.

Went back to our muddle huddle on Offense. In our 20% Offense this week.... 5 Beast plays, 5 Empty plays, 5 Regular plays all live vs me as the DC playing every game I could think of vs our Offense with 13 players. It was generally ugly for the Offense all week. Very little success.

If they pissed me off for anything the perps would run laps till they puked....literally. A few I forgot about and had to be reminded they were running....those two I forgot about had the best game I think I have ever seen them play tonight. 

Then tonight in pre game....agilities...one PAT kick, a couple of KO's and KOR's...then three continuous circles of Sumo to the Death until players were exhausted and then 20 minutes of tee time in 3 groups until they were foaming at the mouth. Then 5 Center gun snaps right before KO for good measure.

So...we went Neanderthal and it worked.

Pin and pull....slide protection...gap control, taps, funnel, spill, splits, stance.... blah blahbity blah blah blah.....F all that that. Doesn't do your team whooo diddly doo doo on day 90 of the season.  Threw all that fundamental ass mess right out the window.

If they dont know it by now...they wont know it next week either. ...took the handcuffs off and let em play. 

Mean, Nasty, Fast.....is all we preached and holy cow did the kids respond.

Our mojo is back.  🙂

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite

Dude, I think there is a TON of noise in your little system of figuring out what works and what doesn't.

If you play a game at night and it's dark, I'm guessing you'll switch to the other jerseys for the next game to see if it makes the sun stay up.  If that next game is in the afternoon, I'm sure you'll be positive it worked.

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 5
Share: