Page 2 / 2
  RSS

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
October 21, 2019 5:42 am  

The Marauders' HC complained that we just wanted the "W" and that it hurts the kids

Amazing how coaches legitimize their cheating.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Bob Goodman
(@bob-goodman)
Diamond
New Jersey
3rd - 5th
Asst Coach
October 22, 2019 3:38 pm  

HC Dan made a tsimmes over our dominating possession of the ball in the game vs. Mt. Olive.  I think I'd take a quick score, onside recovery, and quick score again any time over long possessions of the ball!

ReplyQuote
Bob Goodman
(@bob-goodman)
Diamond
New Jersey
3rd - 5th
Asst Coach
October 27, 2019 6:23 am  

The Braves closed the season as expected in Sunday twilight by blowing out the Hackettstown Tigers 36-6 at Hackettstown HS rather than the fish hatchery where the lower level games are played.  The biggest highlight came in weigh-ins when Max finally lost his striper status, and so at the end of the game it was arranged to have him in at fullback, where he lost the ball to the Tigers on a fumble but then on another series got a touchdown.  He's only "overweight" as far as weight-limited football's concerned, and is actually a very good athlete.

As happens in games like this, it gets interesting only when the scrubs are playing and the coaches try out experimental stuff.  The Tigers got their score at the end running outside veer from split backs, looking like split T but with a wing motioning across in front (which goes with the rest of their offense).  Lance and Dennis tried new play signaling systems on offense and defense respectively, saying they were building for next season -- though I don't really see that that matters with so many months in between, especially considering we can work on non-contact stuff all we want in the spring clinic we started having this year.  Doug kicked 3 conversions and had his 4th attempt blocked; 5th conversion we tried running lightweight Jayden at fullback for fun -- he screamed when a Tiger beat the trap to get an arm tackle.

We got out of there fast when the drizzle that'd begun with the second half started accelerating into serious rain.  Route 517's easy, but not at night with windshield wipers that I hadn't cleaned and one eye with a cataract and a corneal scar that I'm having lasered off next week.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: