RSS

MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Florida
May 10, 2015 7:44 am  

Mike

Congratulations!

Friday was our Red/Grey game, as you know we are trying to go fast. Our second string center snapped the ball on the refs whistle, it was funny as all get out.

Joe

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
May 10, 2015 7:54 am  

Mike

Congratulations!

Friday was our Red/Grey game, as you know we are trying to go fast. Our second string center snapped the ball on the refs whistle, it was funny as all get out.

Joe

Thanks Joe !

Its been a fun ride but we are not satisfied just yet.

Amazing how well all these players from all these different Camps have blended so well. Our Staff...also from different Camps... has done a great job. We dont do the typical in season coaches meetings. Just show up and shoot from the hip. Its worked surprisingly well especially with so many players missing practice and games due to whatever. A few coaches too.

Really happy with Clarks Killer Bee Defense. It was a MAJOR change in philosophy for us. That was the goal this Spring....try out a new D for the Fall. I think its a keeper.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
O-Lcoach
(@o-lcoach)
Copper
May 10, 2015 10:41 am  

Didn't make last night Mike had things to do plus weather down right sucked!

To have 4 kids go from winless to championship game is flipping awesome!

I bet they are pumped! Kudos to you and K plus the rest of the staff.
Speaks volumes about you guys, to bring kids in like that and bring them together in that short time you had is kick butt.

Do you know where the game is Friday yet? I'm for sure trying to make it
R

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
May 10, 2015 11:26 am  

Didn't make last night Mike had things to do plus weather down right sucked!

To have 4 kids go from winless to championship game is flipping awesome!

I bet they are pumped! Kudos to you and K plus the rest of the staff.
Speaks volumes about you guys, to bring kids in like that and bring them together in that short time you had is kick butt.

Do you know where the game is Friday yet? I'm for sure trying to make it
R

R

Understandable. I was wondering if we'd even play the game. Make that 5 players that had 0'fer seasons in 2014. One of our 4th Graders had to endure that last Season. I forgot about him. Our Staff really did a great job and ALL of the kids responded very well. This Team has by far the worst football player I have ever coached on it. His nickname is Beast Mode....he is doing GREAT! Real proud of this one... privately. I really had no clue what to do with him early on so I called his Fall Coach for advise. That helped. I think he will be happy with his progression now which at the end of the day is really the only point of playing Spring Ball. Its not like these kids can get better down at the batting cage or on a B-ball Court during the off season.

The Game is this Friday at 8pm at North Stadium which is about half way to Cheyenne for you.  ???

Here is a map link.

http://www.mapquest.com/us/colorado/stadiums-arenas-athletic-fields-westminster/north-stadium-359655991

ReplyQuote
CoachOCD
(@coachocd)
Platinum
May 11, 2015 6:48 am  

hay its only a 16 hour drive for me...good luck Mahonz

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
May 11, 2015 7:41 am  

hay its only a 16 hour drive for me...good luck Mahonz

Thanks S !

ReplyQuote
gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum
May 15, 2015 7:49 pm  

Wow.

When in doot . . . glass and oot.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
May 16, 2015 6:49 am  

As Lar put it ....Wow.

We go into the Bowl game as the #2 Seed and played the only undefeated team left....a team that had given up only 20 points combined all season long.

After giving up a beautiful 30 yard pass play for a TD in the first quarter we proceed to hang 32 straight on em and pounded the ever living crap outta this very good opponent. This opponent was SCARY fast. Probably would have been a closer score if they could catch footballs consistently. Some of them we struggled to cover.

It was the perfect ending to a really great season. We rented a luxury Motor Coach for the Event. On the ride home we loaded up all the empty seats with siblings and partied all the way home. CRUNCH BARS for everyone ! 

Many of the Players had never experienced this type of atmosphere before. It was awesome to see their reactions, focus and energy start to finish. Very memorial night for sure.

My last game coaching with my Son and coaching my Grandson. It was...all good.  🙂

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
May 16, 2015 6:55 am  

Wow.

Lar

Thanks  for making the trek. It was GREAT too see you again. Jr was very happy for the support. When we finally started home....just the two of us about midnight....he broke down and cried knowing it was his last game for all of us together. 

This coaching thing truly is all about family....immediate and extended. You are certainly part of the family.  🙂

ReplyQuote
O-Lcoach
(@o-lcoach)
Copper
May 16, 2015 8:33 am  

Wow is right! Fantastic game, prefect weather and awesome.

The other team was scary if they caught half those passes
it would have been a different game thats for sure.
The beast was on as usual.

That Maes kid ran like a beast several times I thought he was down
and then he pop out for more. Hope you don't have to face him in
the fall.

Any way congrats to you, Jr and the team!

Randy

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
May 16, 2015 9:15 am  

Wow is right! Fantastic game, prefect weather and awesome.

The other team was scary if they caught half those passes
it would have been a different game thats for sure.
The beast was on as usual.

That Maes kid ran like a beast several times I thought he was down
and then he pop out for more. Hope you don't have to face him in
the fall.

Any way congrats to you, Jr and the team!

Randy

R

Thanks for the support ! You should have come down to the field. Jr would have loved to see you again. We do face Mr. Maes in the Fall. He is... Beast Mode! We even ate Skittles after the game.  🙂 That kid has the "it" factor. Very focused. Very talented. Can take the game over. 

My take on their passing game...and boy could that kid throw some accurate balls...they kept going long so the football was against a night sky for the receiver. Different animal. Its why the Indoor Arena game balls are designed the way they are.

If you noticed when we went long the football hit the receiver right in the hands and he dropped it. He NEVER drops anything.

I learned about this coaching semi pros and why we'd practice at night under the lights since we played most games under the lights. It a real thing so you have to play chuck and duck. Long balls get lost in the night sky if they are not experienced.

When I coached Indoor Arena ball...took weeks for rookie receivers to get used to the backdrops of playing indoors.

I will give you a call in the next few days.

ReplyQuote
O-Lcoach
(@o-lcoach)
Copper
May 16, 2015 10:33 am  

Looking forward to talking to you as always
R

ReplyQuote
joshv155
(@joshv155)
Platinum
May 16, 2015 3:33 pm  

Congrats !!!

Passio Bellator

ReplyQuote
Coach Jim
(@jsmcdonaldllc)
Bronze
May 16, 2015 5:54 pm  

Congratulations Coach and thank you for taking us on the ride with you. It's been VERY interesting to see your season from start to finish. Great information on installing and adjusting. Once again thanks for sharing.

ReplyQuote
eaglehead21
(@eaglehead10)
Gold
May 16, 2015 7:24 pm  

Congratulations! Well deserved to say the least! 

"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."

ReplyQuote
Page 7 / 10
Share: