Play-offs? Play-offs?!  

RSS

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
November 5, 2019 5:18 am  

So if we win this Friday night, we'll finish the regular season at 8-3, which should be good enough for an at-large bid in the play-offs.  Highschoolot shows us just barely getting in (we weren't in, as of last week), but we won on Friday 61-18, and it looks like 3 other teams from our conference are also getting in.  We play a triple-option team this Friday and while their record isn't good, they know how to run the heck out of it.  It's also a rivalry game, as they are just down the street.  We are averaging 31.3 ppg, but are giving up 21.  Our JV will finish out this Thursday night.  I feel confident that we'll take this game.  We've won 4 in a row (5-4 on the season, with losses by 3, 4 and 7 points) and are leading the conference in scoring at 28.8.  Our leading rusher is averaging 10.9 yards per carry for the season.  The youth team doesn't play this Saturday as the play-offs are scheduled for every other Saturday in November.  Our next game will be in South Carolina.  I work the JV practice first, then the Varsity practice, then drive to Durham for the youth practice.  Busy.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
November 5, 2019 5:24 am  

Here are the JV RB stats going into the final game:

RB 1:
40 carries
437 yards
10.9 avg.
1 fumble
90 yds (longest)
4 TDs

RB 2:
66 carries
388 yards
5.8 avg.
1 fumble
19 yds (longest)
6 TDs
1 rec.
14 yds.
14.0 avg.
14 yds. (longest)
0 TDs

RB 3:
27 carries
99 yards
3.6 avg.
2 fumbles
16 yds (longest)
2 TDs

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
November 5, 2019 5:28 am  

And the Varsity stats:

RB 1:
83 attempts
371 yards
4.4 avg.
50 yards (longest)
1 fumble
5 TDS
18 Receptions
177 yards
9.8 avg.
36 yards (longest)
1 fumble

RB 2:
24 attempts
99 yards
4.1 avg.
17 yds. (longest)
1 fumble
1 TD
6 receptions
41 yards
6.8 avg.
21 yards (longest)

RB 3:
39 attempts
133 yards
3.4 avg.
28 yds. (longest)
0 fumbles
5 TDs
3 receptions
27 yards
9.0 avg.
11 yds. (longest)

RB 4 (Freshman, JV):
2 attempts
44 yards
22.0 avg.
26 yds. (longest)
0 fumbles
1 TD

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Share: