Clear all

Region Champions

Page 2 / 3

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  
Posted by: @gumby_in_co

Sorry to hear that, Dave.  This might cheer you up: https://www.denverpost.com/2021/11/21/kendall-hinton-denver-broncos-nfl-history/

That is awesome. lol It is SO Kendall.  Always a great young man.  When we had him, my DC nicknamed him “Smiley.”  Thanks for sharing!

But I do have one more now in the NFL…check out Anthony Rush with the Atlanta Falcons.

—Dave 

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond

@coachdp how much did it hurt that you had not had any challenges up to that game? You guys hadn't gave up a point up until that point. 

Seth54 liked
ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  
Posted by: @dimson

how much did it hurt that you had not had any challenges up to that game? You guys hadn't gave up a point up until that point. 

Chris, I thought it might have an effect, but it really didn't.  We played hard throughout the game.  We weren't thrown by how good they were.  We lost because Lake Mary was a much better coached team.  

--Dave

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond

Posted by: @coachdp

how much did it hurt that you had not had any challenges up to that game? You guys hadn't gave up a point up until that point. 

Chris, I thought it might have an effect, but it really didn't.  We played hard throughout the game.  We weren't thrown by how good they were.  We lost because Lake Mary was a much better coached team.  

--Dave

What version of the single wing did they run? Cesar? Darlington? Or their own flavor?

ReplyQuote
Coach Kyle
(@coach-kyle)
Platinum

Is there a way to watch the Pop Warner play offs? Do they stream it?

Deaths while walking 4,743Deaths from football 12

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

What version of the single wing did they run? Cesar? Darlington? Or their own flavor?

No idea.  I'm not an expert on the SW, nor did I ask them.  But if you watch the stream, you'll see for yourself.  They just won the national championship, 39-6.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Coyote
(@coyote)
Bronze

We didn't lose this game this week.  We lost it at the beginning of the season (and all through the season) as our practice methodologies were not very disciplined.

Hi Dave, 

Sorry to hear about the Loss, but congrats on a fine season.

So, if you could go back to day One, and what would you do different?  

This post was modified 7 months ago by Coyote

Umm.... why does that 6 ft tall 9 yr old have a goatee...?

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  
Posted by: @coyote

So, if you could go back to day One, and what would you do different?  

I wouldn't do anything differently because I did all that I could do.  I took all of my concerns to the header.  He had his way of doing things, and I have mine.  His approach is very different from mine.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum

I wouldn't do anything differently because I did all that I could do.  I took all of my concerns to the header.  He had his way of doing things, and I have mine.  His approach is very different from mine.

--Dave

Based on what you said about your last game, I'm guessing this is a Mojo thing. I was talking to Mahonz today about our last game. He said it was an "a** whoppin". I agreed. It didn't matter what we ran or what they ran. We simply intimidated and overwhelmed them. When we were only up 6-0 at half due to penalties, I wasn't worried because I knew they couldn't last through the end of the game. You might not be able to intimidate every team you face, but you can make sure no one intimidates your team.

On top of that, Mojo builds better young men. Resilient and confident young men who don't look for excuses.

I learned a lot of that from you, so have your HC call me if you'd like and I'll tell him how you showed me the light.

When in doot . . . glass and oot.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

Based on what you said about your last game, I'm guessing this is a Mojo thing.

--It was a number of things.  Certainly one of them was physicality.  It wasn't that we weren't physical.  It was that we'd never played against a physical opponent.  We just didn't practice that way.  Practices were primarily instructional walk-thru's.  Practices on air, and such.  Add to that, there were some issues in scheme (Power was only run to the right; Counter was only run to the left) and especially in fundamentals of offensive line play.  But they already had their way of doing things, so....

I learned a lot of that from you, so have your HC call me if you'd like and I'll tell him how you showed me the light.

--Ha ha.  There's no one that will show him the light, I'm afraid.  When the header thinks the issue is his players, his parents and his opponent, he certainly won't attempt to fix himself.  Regardless, it's not my issue now.  I've already been contacted by another org.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Coyote
(@coyote)
Bronze

've already been contacted by another org.

A HC role? 

Umm.... why does that 6 ft tall 9 yr old have a goatee...?

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  
Posted by: @coyote

A HC role? 

Yes.  I won't meet with them until January.  We're leaving for Chicago this week.  The following week, we'll be in Palm Springs. So we've decided to delay any discussions until I return.  

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

Coyote liked
ReplyQuote
gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum

When the header thinks the issue is his players, his parents and his opponent, he certainly won't attempt to fix himself.  

--Dave

This is very surprising to me. By nearly all measures, this seems to be a very successful team. The attitude you're describing is one I'd expect to see in a perennial cellar dweller.

Hope your prospective opportunity works out for you. Last season was the first time I was free to do what I wanted. I probably do 98% of the things that Mahonz would have done, but man, that 2% is precious to me. I had not anticipated that. 

Since you're travelling, when would be a good time to call you and talk X-man blocking?

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

This is very surprising to me. By nearly all measures, this seems to be a very successful team. The attitude you're describing is one I'd expect to see in a perennial cellar dweller.

--As I said all season long, when you're playing against idiots it's not hard to come out smelling like a rose.  And that's ALL we played against, until Lake Mary.  I'd like to think I did a decent job installing Wedge, coaching our Defensive Ends and coaching Special Teams.  Coach W did a great job with what he was allowed to do.  But a lot of coaches don't see a need to improve themselves.  They rely on gathering talent. They rely on "what worked last year."  That will only get you so far.

Since you're travelling, when would be a good time to call you and talk X-man blocking?

--You tell me.  We leave Sunday.  Other than that, I'm watching Army/Navy.  Let me know and I'll make sure I'm available.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum

--As I said all season long, when you're playing against idiots it's not hard to come out smelling like a rose.  And that's ALL we played against, until Lake Mary.  I'd like to think I did a decent job installing Wedge, coaching our Defensive Ends and coaching Special Teams.  Coach W did a great job with what he was allowed to do.  But a lot of coaches don't see a need to improve themselves.  They rely on gathering talent. They rely on "what worked last year."  That will only get you so far.

--You tell me.  We leave Sunday.  Other than that, I'm watching Army/Navy.  Let me know and I'll make sure I'm available.

--Dave

I'll give you a call Saturday morning before the game.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3
Share: