Notifications
Clear all

Southeast Florida Regionals

Page 1 / 2

Tripwire
(@tripwire)
Gold
Topic starter  

Anyone have any scores from this past Saturday? 11/21?

SE Pop Warner still hasn't updated scores anywhere I can see.  Would love to see who is playing this Friday and Saturday for the championships.

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

Anyone have any scores from this past Saturday? 11/21?

SE Pop Warner still hasn't updated scores anywhere I can see.  Would love to see who is playing this Friday and Saturday for the championships.

I know a few. We got killed 28-0. It was closer than that though. We gave them a short fiield twice and had some really harmful penalties. Pass interference call just before half turned the game from 6-0 at half to 14-0. Ball was way overthrown and the contact was the kids getting feet tangled. Bad call in my opinion but regardless it totally changed the game. We moved the ball well but just shot ourselves in the foot on defense and special teams especially. St Pete beat Riviera Beach 26-6. I think the S Georgia Hawgs beat the Ponte Verda Sharks 14-6 in peewee. I think Parkland wins that game(pw Parkland vs S Georgia). The St. Pete jm team is nasty. I am pretty sure the Palm Bay unlimited team advanced to the finals. They have looked pretty good.

ReplyQuote
CoachJR267
(@coachjoel)
Silver

The D2 regionals in Tampa had these teams come out on top.

JPW Sarasota Sun Devils over the Port Orange Hawks

Pee Wee Parkland Rangers over Port St. Lucie

Jr. Midget St. Pete Silver Raiders over Riviera Beach

Unlimited Palm Bay Rockets over the St. Pete Silver Raiders.

The Jr. Pee Wee game was pretty close. 0-0 at half if I remember correctly. Parkland walked away from PSL in the pee wee game it was close at half but PSL could never really get the offense going.

St. Pete dominated Riviera Beach from the opening kick off at Jr. Midgets.

St. Pete could have won the Unlimited game but they made some errors that lead to points for Palm Bay. Palm Bay made adjustments in the second half and kept the Raiders off the scoreboard in the final two quarters.

D3 in Brooksville had the following teams advancing.

JPW Hardee Wildcats

PW Wesley Chapel Cowboys

Both teams have some really special players. This is Wesley Chapel's first year in Pop Warner.

To do what ought to be done but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.

ReplyQuote
CoachJR267
(@coachjoel)
Silver

I know a few. We got killed 28-0. It was closer than that though. We gave them a short fiield twice and had some really harmful penalties. Pass interference call just before half turned the game from 6-0 at half to 14-0. Ball was way overthrown and the contact was the kids getting feet tangled. Bad call in my opinion but regardless it totally changed the game. We moved the ball well but just shot ourselves in the foot on defense and special teams especially. St Pete beat Riviera Beach 26-6. I think the S Georgia Hawgs beat the Ponte Verda Sharks 14-6 in peewee. I think Parkland wins that game(pw Parkland vs S Georgia). The St. Pete jm team is nasty. I am pretty sure the Palm Bay unlimited team advanced to the finals. They have looked pretty good.

Rob, were you there? I was doing the MPR on the PSL sideline. Really nice folks. Agree with you on the PI call before half it was completely incidental.

To do what ought to be done but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

Rob, were you there? I was doing the MPR on the PSL sideline. Really nice folks. Agree with you on the PI call before half it was completely incidental.

Yup, I was there. This was my first year with this staff and probably my last. I don't see eye to eye with the header. We do things completely different and have a philosophy that is not even close to being on the same page. Not a criticism of him, just an observation of our two styles and philosophies. We did better than we all thought we would this season and this is his second consecutive conference title so he is doing something right. It is just difficult for me to coach in a manner that I 100% disagree with. Again, nothing personal and I'm not saying anything bad about the guy as a coach, we just are not on the same page or even the same book. Overall, I think considering our talent level, we over achieved.

ReplyQuote
Tripwire
(@tripwire)
Gold
Topic starter  

Just found out Mid Florida is sending D2 JM Lyman and D1 JM Lake Mary to the finals.  The lake mary coach I am sure you know Rob Marler, great guy.

ReplyQuote
Tripwire
(@tripwire)
Gold
Topic starter  

Here we go.  Some new names showing up in here.  I like it.

http://www.southeastpopwarner.com/Assets/Southeast+Region/football/2015+Game+Schedules/2015+SE+Region+Championship+Game+ScheduleA.pdf

Doesn't show the prior scores but shows the matchups.

The D1 and D2 Midget as well as the Unlimited Final are at disney this year.

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

Just found out Mid Florida is sending D2 JM Lyman and D1 JM Lake Mary to the finals.  The lake mary coach I am sure you know Rob Marler, great guy.

I met Rob at Glazier last year and at one of Joe's practices. Seems like a good guy. Lyman will have their hands full for sure. That Riviera team that St. Pete beat was GOOD and they made them look bad.

ReplyQuote
Tripwire
(@tripwire)
Gold
Topic starter  

I met Rob at Glazier last year and at one of Joe's practices. Seems like a good guy. Lyman will have their hands full for sure. That Riviera team that St. Pete beat was GOOD and they made them look bad.

Lyman is one of those teams that have a TON of very high calibre athletes but normally not as much coaching.  I think the past few years have seen a shift to some good coaching.  They used to be D1 for quite some time and are now d2.  Should be an interesting game, I know Lyman can score on any play.  One of those type teams where broken plays turn into long gains.

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond

Sucks you lost Rob. That other team must have been pretty good. You guys were no joke. No surprise Palm Bay won. If they lose at Disney or wherever their last game will be, I will be shocked.

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

Sucks you lost Rob. That other team must have been pretty good. You guys were no joke. No surprise Palm Bay won. If they lose at Disney or wherever their last game will be, I will be shocked.

They were good but we shot ourselves in the foot. They were they better team but certainly not 28 pts better. It happens. A bunch of stuff that I knew would come back and bite us finally did. I knew why we were having issues moving the ball and I knew how to fix it but it wasn't a game time thing. It was a practice fix that I wanted done all year because I knew eventually it would be a problem. Oh well.

I am not sure what the Eastern region will bring out for unlimited. That region and the SE are the most competitive. Unlimited is still so new that it is hard to say who has what.

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

Lyman is one of those teams that have a TON of very high calibre athletes but normally not as much coaching.  I think the past few years have seen a shift to some good coaching.  They used to be D1 for quite some time and are now d2.  Should be an interesting game, I know Lyman can score on any play.  One of those type teams where broken plays turn into long gains.

When PSL won the NC in jm last season they played Riviera Beach in our conference finals. Riviera gave them a great game. Riviera returned most of that team and picked up a few more good players. I honestly thought they had a shot at nationals. They were fast, big, hungry and pretty well coached. St Pete destroyed them. St Pete is coming from a different league. Not sure which one. St Pete has speed that the best teams in Miami would be happy to have. They get off the ball amazingly fast and seem to be well versed in fundies. The only draw back is that I think the offense may be a bit pedestrian. Now that can be a good thing and it can be a bad thing. Maybe they have a whole bunch more to their playbook and maybe they don't need anything else. I didn't watch the whole game(1st half only because of the 3 hour drive home) but I would love to break down there game film.

ReplyQuote
Tripwire
(@tripwire)
Gold
Topic starter  

Results from Fridays games.

D3 JPW: Hardee Wildcats - 39  Mandarin Tigers - 31
D2 JPW: Ponte Vedra Sharks - 15  Sarasota Sundevils - 14
D1 JPW: Forestview Steelers - 13    Overtown Tornadoes - 6

D3 PW: Wesley Chapel Cowboys - 24  Woodville Jaguars - 6
D2 PW: South Ga Hawgs - 2 - Parkland Rangers 14  (Game was 2-0 going into 4th qtr)

ReplyQuote
Tripwire
(@tripwire)
Gold
Topic starter  

St Pete 12 - Lyman 6 at
at half. Right before half time Lyman ran a tebow jump pass from their own end zone and took it to the house. Lyman has been shooting themselves in the foot. Going for it on 4th and long in their own red zone and not converting. Both st Pete td's were short field

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond

Did Palm Bay play yet?

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: