Notifications
Clear all

Southeast Florida Regionals

Page 2 / 2

Tripwire
(@tripwire)
Gold
Topic starter  

Palm Bay vs Ocoee will be played Dec 6th at Disney.  Usually the midget and unlimited state champ game to get into disney is played the opening weekend at disney.

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

Palm Bay vs Ocoee will be played Dec 6th at Disney.  Usually the midget and unlimited state champ game to get into disney is played the opening weekend at disney.

I think they started that in the last two years. It hasn't always been like that from what I remember.

ReplyQuote
Tripwire
(@tripwire)
Gold
Topic starter  

I think they started that in the last two years. It hasn't always been like that from what I remember.

Correct.  It just started recently with the Midget Florida Champ game, but they added unlimited as well.

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

What was the final of the St Pete vs Lyman game?

I don't like how the D3 teams will have bowl games at Disney. I thought one of the main purposes of D3 was for teams that did not want to go to Disney.

ReplyQuote
Tripwire
(@tripwire)
Gold
Topic starter  

I don't like how the D3 teams will have bowl games at Disney. I thought one of the main purposes of D3 was for teams that did not want to go to Disney.

The way they presented D3 to Mid Florida was "just another division".  Pop Warner refuses to say anything other than, "there is no difference between D1, D2 or D3.  It is just 3 divisions."  which we all know is horse crap.  It is up to the conference to decide where they want to play.  I think Mid Florida does it the best honestly.  There are currently 30 teams in Mid Florida.  The way they break everything down is take the overall records from MM thru Unlimited (regular season) for the prior 2 years.  The best 8 are D1, Next 14 are D2, and worst 8 D3.  Then every 2 years they re-evaluate and do it this way:

Worst 2 D1 Teams drop to D2.  Best 2 D2 Teams move up to D1.  Worst 2 D2 Teams move down to D3.  Best 2 D3 teams move up to D2.

Pretty simple and every 2 years they will re-evaluate.  No mess or fuss.  End of next year will be the 2 year mark and they would combine this years results with next years results and move accordingly.

ReplyQuote
Tripwire
(@tripwire)
Gold
Topic starter  

At the start of the 3rd quarter I blinked and it was 26-6.  I tell you what it looked like St Pete had been there before.  Stayed calm, ran the same things and basically Lyman panicked and just shot themselves in the foot at every turn.

It was 12-6 going into the 3rd Qtr.  The 12 were because Lyman went for it from inside their own 20 twice.  I know a lot of people go for it but 4th and 20?  4th and 13?  They were going for it!?  Both times resulting in St Pete scores.  With the long field Lyman was getting it done on D but you can't expect them to keep them out with that short of a field.  Anyway, Lyman got the ball back to start the 2nd half.  And what do they do?  Go for it on 4th and 9 from the 10!!?!?!?  Didn't learn anything from the first half and resulted in a very fast St Pt TD.  Then a pick 6 immediately following and if you blinked it went from 12-6 to 26-6.  I think they scored 1 more after that in the 4th as well.

Lyman matched them athletically.  But man you can't have that many mistakes and win a ball game.

ReplyQuote
Tripwire
(@tripwire)
Gold
Topic starter  

Teams going to disney from Florida:

Division 1:
JPW: Forestview Steelers (Greater Jacksonville)
PW: Gwen Cherry Bulls (Greater Miami)
JM: Gwen Cherry Bulls (Greater Miami)
Midget: Palmetto Raiders (Greater Miami) VS Overtown Tornadoes (Greater Miami) (game to be played Dec 6th at Disney for right to play in Superbowl - all other FLA conferences have switched to Unlimited)
Unlimited: Ocoee Bulldogs (Mid Florida) VS Palm Bay Rockets (East Coast) - This combined D1, D2 and D3 teams.

Division 2:
JPW: Ponte Vedra Sharks (First Coast)
PW: Parkland Rangers (Treasure Coast)
JM: St. Pete Silver Raiders (Tampa Bay)

Division 3: Will play in 2 bowl games each at Disney
JPW: Hardee Wildcats (Tampa Bay)
PW: Wesley Chapel Cowboys (Tampa Bay)
JM: Dunnellon Tigers (Timucua)
Mid: Immokalee Seminoles (Peace River)

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond

I remember playing Forestview growing up. Back then they were a fast kid left and fast kid right kinda team.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: