TV and the Lombardi Trophy  

RSS

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
September 21, 2019 1:25 pm  

So we had the TV game last night on FNR (Friday Night Rivalries).  Their crew was in the pressbox, on top of the press box and on the sidelines.  Since we were on TV, the header was adamant about all the ACs wearing the same gear.  (Guess who didn't get the notice....)  So I show up at school wearing the black shirt instead of the gray shirt.  Header asks me where my gray shirt is....  I call Deb and ask her to bring my gray shirt when she gets to the stadium.  We go through warmups, Deb shows up at the gate with my shirt, I do a quick change.  Game starts and on the third play of the game, we pick off a pass and return it for a TD.  We intercept 2 more passes in the 1st Half and recover their fumble.  But this is a rivalry game and we can't do squat, offensively.  With the score tied at 7 at the half, we continue our offensive ineptitude into the 2nd Half (a wide open receiver drops a pass that would have gone for 6, a QB/RB/QB flea flicker pass to the endzone gets intercepted and we miss 2 field goals).  Regulation ends with the score tied at 7.  Our rival takes the first possession at the 10.  They pass and it goes incomplete.  On 2nd down, we sack their QB for a 7 yard loss.  On 3rd Down, they throw to the end zone and their receiver catches it, but he's out of bounds.  On 4th Down, they bring out their field goal team.  Their 35-yard attempt is wide.  We take over at their 10.  On 1st Down, we run off tackle for 4 yards.  On 2nd Down, we fake the jet sweep, the QB keeps the ball and runs inside.  He makes 2 moves and goes into the end zone standing up.  Bedlam ensues.  Header gets interviewed by The Pretty Girl.  We get presented the "FNR Trophy" which looks like a miniature Lombardi Trophy.  We go to 4-1 on the season, starting our conference schedule next week.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
September 22, 2019 8:36 am  

And a link to our video highlights:

https://www.facebook.com/80graphix/videos/2369690663127604/UzpfSTU0MTgxNjQ0MToxMDE1NjA4MTE2NTkwNjQ0Mg/

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Share: