Notifications
Clear all

We won our first game!

Page 1 / 6

Coach_on_wheels
(@coach_on_wheels)
Copper
Topic starter  

:)I am so happy right now. We play in a rec league that has 6 teams so everyone goes to the playoffs. We finished thereg season 0-7. We just won less than an hour ago in dbl OT. ;D

mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

What an exciting way to get that W !

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
COACH JC
(@winged)
Diamond

:)I am so happy right now. We play in a rec league that has 6 teams so everyone goes to the playoffs. We finished thereg season 0-7. We just won less than an hour ago in dbl OT. ;D

Awesome man!  Does that mean you beat the #1 seed?

It's all about having fun.  But losing aint fun!

ReplyQuote
Coach_on_wheels
(@coach_on_wheels)
Copper
Topic starter  

We actually beat the number 3 seed. We will play the number 2 seed Saturday.

ReplyQuote
Bob Goodman
(@bob-goodman)
Diamond

Did you just make all this up to get me mad?

ReplyQuote
Coach_on_wheels
(@coach_on_wheels)
Copper
Topic starter  

??? Huh.....

ReplyQuote
angalton
(@angalton)
Platinum

??? Huh.....

Bob doesn't like a playoff structure. Best record should be champions.

The greatest accomplishment is not in never failing, but in rising again after you fail.

ReplyQuote
COACH JC
(@winged)
Diamond

Well thats dumb considering teams almost never play the same strength of schedule....

So there is one human being on the planet that likes the BCS system.

ReplyQuote
Bob Goodman
(@bob-goodman)
Diamond

I especially don't like 0-fer teams being in contention!  Why should these games "count" and the preceding games not?

You've got 6 teams and apparently 10 game days.  Instead of the simple & obvious -- everybody plays everybody else twice -- you've got an unbalanced "season" schedule of 7 games followed by 3 rounds of knockouts.  And on the 2nd round of the knockouts, one team has to sit (and possibly get "cold") even if they knocked out their opponent the previous round.  And teams that could've been playing are knocked out (I guess).  But nobody was knocked out based on the preceding 7 games!

And this mania for playoffs in most sports is of recent invention.  45 yrs. ago nobody would've thought to have a circuit of 6 football teams and to have a playoff arrangement.  They might've gotten up an ad hoc playoff if 2 teams had wound up tied for the title, but they wouldn't've scheduled playoffs in advance when double round robin was available.

ReplyQuote
Bob Goodman
(@bob-goodman)
Diamond

Well thats dumb considering teams almost never play the same strength of schedule....

So there is one human being on the planet that likes the BCS system.

Entirely different situation.  Playoffs are for when you've knocked everybody else out locally based on season play.  In this case, they could've had everyone with exactly the same strength of schedule, because they had time for each time to play each other team twice.  Instead they adopted an uneven schedule to make room for playoffs that all the teams entered!  This team goes 0-7 and can wind up champs at 3-7, provided those 3 wins come at the end.

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite

Playoffs are for when you've knocked everybody else out locally based on season play.

Apparently not.

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
COACH JC
(@winged)
Diamond

Entirely different situation.  Playoffs are for when you've knocked everybody else out locally based on season play.  In this case, they could've had everyone with exactly the same strength of schedule, because they had time for each time to play each other team twice.  Instead they adopted an uneven schedule to make room for playoffs that all the teams entered!  This team goes 0-7 and can wind up champs at 3-7, provided those 3 wins come at the end.

Whats your point?  If you lose to an 0-7 team you don't deserve to be the champ. 

The underdog fighting their way through playoffs is very fun.  The fact you don't like playoff football does not suprise me at all.  You seem to look at many things bass ackwards. 

In my conference, nobody's strength of schedule is the same, and it has nothing to do w/ playoffs.  Many ORGS. cant field a team at every level.  So you have to play an outer division opponent, or you get a bye.

We see big upsets almost every year in playoffs.  It's awesome.  The year we won regionals we lost 3 games in the Reg. season (a lot because of injuries, but we were able to run the table all the way through playoffs & regionals. 

Bob, i really think your coaching the wrong sport.  You'd be better off w/ tennis or something.  You seem to not grasp many lf the things that make football great.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

Bob

Not a NY Giants fan are we?

This type of structure is strictly built for the fans. Plain and simple.

ReplyQuote
COACH JC
(@winged)
Diamond

Cant argue w/ the fact that if you lose to an 0-7 team, you were a fraud to begin w/ and didn't deserve to win it all. 

I think playoffs are for the players and coaches too Mike, not just fans.  First time you play a team you might lose strictly because of talent.  Next time, you get a chance to out coach them w/ your gameplan.  I was the last seed in the playoffs one year and held and played the number one seed and eventual runner ups to the NC.  They had murdered us the first time we played em (i didn't have any film on em).  When we played em in the playoffs it was 0-0 going into halftime.  Eventually the talent diffeential was too much, but we gave a real run for their money and played them closer than any other team except the NC's. 

Playoffs are freaking awesome.  Go in w/ the number one seed and you got a big old target on your back.  Everyone is trying to knock you off.  Were number one seed this year and playing a team next week that just put up 56 points and has a lot pf confidence.  I'm sure their gonna throw their best haymaker at us. 

I love playoff football.  I love playoff anything really.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

Cant argue w/ the fact that if you lose to an 0-7 team, you were a fraud to begin w/ and didn't deserve to win it all. 

I think playoffs are for the players and coaches too Mike, not just fans.  First time you play a team you might lose strictly because of talent.  Next time, you get a chance to out coach them w/ your gameplan.  I was the last seed in the playoffs one year and held and played the number one seed and eventual runner ups to the NC.  They had murdered us the first time we played em (i didn't have any film on em).  When we played em in the playoffs it was 0-0 going into halftime.  Eventually the talent diffeential was too much, but we gave a real run for their money and played them closer than any other team except the NC's. 

Playoffs are freaking awesome.  Go in w/ the number one seed and you got a big old target on your back.  Everyone is trying to knock you off.  Were number one seed this year and playing a team next week that just put up 56 points and has a lot pf confidence.  I'm sure their gonna throw their best haymaker at us. 

I love playoff football.  I love playoff anything really.

W

You would have never got into coaching if you weren't a fan first.  😉 😉

A wider playoff structure at the youth levels = more kids signing up. PW has that little piece of marketing down pat.  😉 😉

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 6
Share: