We won our first ga...

Notifications
Clear all

We won our first game!

Page 6 / 6

Bob Goodman
(@bob-goodman)
Diamond

Why wouldn't you deserve to be a champion?  You don't have a losing record.  If you win the championship in a playoff bracket, that means you went UNDEFEATED in the POST SEASON.

Which in this case was 2 or 3 games.

The other team went undefeated in the REGULAR SEASON.

Wait, don't assume the other team was undefeated, just that they had the best record -- of 7 games, but if they hadn't had playoffs, could've been 10 games & playing everyone else exactly twice.

Only you would compare football to rolling dice Bob.

Yeah, and loaded dice in this case!  The point being to tell the difference between all sides being equal and one side being favored.  You want to tell if one is more than the others, you may have to throw it a lot of times.  Same in football, the most reliable way to tell who's best is to play a lot of games between them.

ReplyQuote
Bob Goodman
(@bob-goodman)
Diamond

Further examples that you have very little if any sense of gamesmanship or strategy?

I have a STRONG suspicion your one of those coaches that doesn't scout at all.  No coach worth a hill of beans would think that a 3rd scout tape in the playoffs isn't worth much.

If they're like us, all the games are at one field on the same day, you scout the other games before or after your own.

The only reason i even respond to your nonsense Bob, is in the hopes that other newer coaches, that fall into the victim attitude, might read this and learn from it.  I know theres no hope for you.  Your too stuck in your  ways, in spite of the fact that your results don't back it up.

What results?  The combined record of the teams is 23-5-2 in the time I've been coaching there.  2 different staffs, the only coach in common was me, 3 entirely different player rosters.  I have no idea what "victim attitude" has to do with anything being discussed here.

ReplyQuote
COACH JC
(@winged)
Diamond

If they're like us, all the games are at one field on the same day, you scout the other games before or after your own.
What results?  The combined record of the teams is 23-5-2 in the time I've been coaching there.  2 different staffs, the only coach in common was me, 3 entirely different player rosters.  I have no idea what "victim attitude" has to do with anything being discussed here.

The victim attitude is when you say everyone is afraid of the bye week.  Maybe you guys are scared, but i'm not in the least bit.  We've been in the lab breaking teams down, so were ready for em.  And i got a bunch of caged lions that didn't get to eat for a week.  Their hungry and smelling blood.  Only thing i'm worried about is eating each other in practice...

It's all about having fun.  But losing aint fun!

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

Gotta love that Bob never gets mad and never leaves

1) He already is mad.

2) I do?

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite

He just is unwilling to look at anything he does

I don't think he does anything.  I think it's all just things he would do if someone would let him, and nobody ever lets him.

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond

Bob

You are talking about 4-6 teams, everyone else here is dealing with many more. Going to Regionals means playing the best of perhaps 100 teams. All your players for all teams come from a small area. Everyone else is talking about playing teams that are from other states. Not having this experience your view is rather myopic. First, coach in a travel league, see what a difference everything we are talking about makes.

You have to understand, everyone else can not relate to your experiences. Nor you to ours. Winged for example plays in a highly competitive league that plays throughout Cali., he faces teams that run every offense & defense you can imagine. You on the other hand coach in a house league where everyone must run the same base O&D. The differences are astounding. I have seen video of Wing's teams, I know they are vastly different then what you see. The level of HS football is also vastly different. I know this first hand.

Understand this isn't a knock on you or your team. I am simply stating how different things are. I assume you play your games in an open NYC park. Everyone else is playing on better facilities. Please do yourself a favor, travel & go watch someone's playoff's Ithink you will find it an education.

Joe

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite

Bob

You are talking about 4-6 teams, everyone else here is dealing with many more. Going to Regionals means playing the best of perhaps 100 teams. All your players for all teams come from a small area. Everyone else is talking about playing teams that are from other states. Not having this experience your view is rather myopic. First, coach in a travel league, see what a difference everything we are talking about makes.

You have to understand, everyone else can not relate to your experiences. Nor you to ours. Winged for example plays in a highly competitive league that plays throughout Cali., he faces teams that run every offense & defense you can imagine. You on the other hand coach in a house league where everyone must run the same base O&D. The differences are astounding. I have seen video of Wing's teams, I know they are vastly different then what you see. The level of HS football is also vastly different. I know this first hand.

Understand this isn't a knock on you or your team. I am simply stating how different things are. I assume you play your games in an open NYC park. Everyone else is playing on better facilities. Please do yourself a favor, travel & go watch someone's playoff's Ithink you will find it an education.

Joe

You'd believe your own lying eyes over Bob's theories?

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
Bob Goodman
(@bob-goodman)
Diamond

You are talking about 4-6 teams, everyone else here is dealing with many more.

Then we're discussing different things.  Reread the beginning of this thread.  It's about a team going 0-7 in a circuit of 6, then winning a playoff game within those 6.

Going to Regionals means playing the best of perhaps 100 teams.

I have no objection to elimination tournament format in such a case, it being in fact the only practical way to do things.

Not having this experience your view is rather myopic. First, coach in a travel league, see what a difference everything we are talking about makes.

I did coach in a travel league.  But that's not what this thread was about.

When people write, please remember the context.

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite

When people write, please remember the context.

That's a great point.

When you point out how clueless Bob is, please do it within the original topic of the thread, defined as narrowly as possible.

Pointing out that Bob is generally clueless adds nothing to the discussion, because everyone already knows that.

ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 6
Share: