RSS

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
July 31, 2019 6:24 am  

...it's here now.

Tomorrow morning, 7am.  First mandatory day of official practice at the high school.  Fortunately, all seven of my RBs have been in regular attendance throughout the summer.  We will go tomorrow, Friday and Saturday mornings.  On Saturday morning after practice, we'll have a Parents Meeting.  Youth practice begins tomorrow evening.  We'll be doing that tomorrow night and Friday night.  Saturday, there's equipment distribution with the youth org but I'll miss that being at the high school Parents Meeting. 

Once the afternoon practices begin at the high school, I'll be doing 2:30pm-5:30pm Monday through Wednesday, with a Varsity practice on Thursday and JV game that night.  JV will practice Friday with a Varsity game that night.  Varsity will also then meet on Saturday mornings.

There's about 35 minutes of drive time between the high school and youth practice.  The youth org was willing to change their practices from 6-8pm three nights per week to 6:15-7:45pm four nights per week in order to accommodate my high school commitment.  On Saturday morning, I'll attend the high school varsity meetings until/unless it's time to get over to the youth game.

So I'll have three games in three days.  JV Air Raid/Varsity Air Raid/Youth Double Wing....Is one team more important to me than another?  Nope.

I haven't met any of the youth players yet.  I'll see them for the first time tomorrow.  There's a lot on the plate, but it is football, for crying out loud.  And I'm eating right and working out to make it through both.  Regardless, I'd much rather be coaching it, than watching it.  With that said, it's time to strap up.  It may well be my last go-round.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

Share: