belebuch
(@belebuch)
Diamond

Once a team closes the gap you can put starters back in

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

18 pts is dumb. That is still a winnable game.

Indeed.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum

In our league once you go up 18 points, you must replace all of your skill position players. If not the other team can contest the game and youll lose.

How often does that happen?

"We should be awarded the win because they were up 18 and didn't sub their backs and receivers."

When in doot . . . glass and oot.

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

Indeed.

--Dave

We have actually done it. Well not 18 but close. Add in the margin of victory and it might as well been. We lost a NC game we were up by 16 in 2010. I just am forced to think about how quickly two evenly matched teams can be close for half the game and then a few errors and suddenly it's not close anymore. Look at the FSU Bama game. At halftime I thought FSU was the better team. They should of been winning if it weren't for one of the worst no PI call I have seen in recent memory. Then FSU implodes for 4 drives giving Bama 4 very short fields. Game over. Heck FSU was down to Auburn by more than 18 I believe and came back to win their last NC game. It is not that uncommon.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

We have actually done it. Well not 18 but close. Add in the margin of victory and it might as well been. We lost a NC game we were up by 16 in 2010. I just am forced to think about how quickly two evenly matched teams can be close for half the game and then a few errors and suddenly it's not close anymore. Look at the FSU Bama game. At halftime I thought FSU was the better team. They should of been winning if it weren't for one of the worst no PI call I have seen in recent memory. Then FSU implodes for 4 drives giving Bama 4 very short fields. Game over. Heck FSU was down to Auburn by more than 18 I believe and came back to win their last NC game. It is not that uncommon.

In 2013, we lost a game 27-20.  We held a 20-0 lead in the 3rd Quarter.  Yes, it was high school ball with 12-minute quarters, but our opponent came back by running the ball, not through the air.  My first experience with Zombie football.

--Dave

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
patriotsfatboy1
(@patriotsfatboy1)
Platinum

I have posted it here before.  We came back last year from being down 22-0 to win in a Regional semifinal on the road.  Still not sure how, but we tied it with less than 10 seconds left (22-22) and then had our XP kick blocked so we had to go to OT.  Won in 2 OT. 

Having any change of rules in an 18 point game is dumb. 

ReplyQuote
coachmiket
(@coachmiket)
Gold

When I first started coaching football our league rule was you had to replace the starting backfield once you had a 12 point lead.

I think they increased it to 18 points a few years later.

ReplyQuote
belebuch
(@belebuch)
Diamond

I was told by my prez once, replace your guys now or youll lose. He later told me the win could be contested, which i thought was the dumbest s*** ive ever heard.

Ive never heard of a win being contested due to this. I raised hell my first year when i discovered that we missed the playoffs by one win, and our last loss was to a team that got busted for ringers

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

I was told by my prez once, replace your guys now or youll lose.

I heard the same thing.  In 2001, the league prez was at our game, and we were on the verge on hitting the Slaughter Rule.  He told me to take out all of my starters.  Problem was, my "starters" in that game were all of my MPP players.  I told him my "real" starters were on the bench.  You could tell he was rolling that around in his head for a few seconds.  But just as I knew he would, he would never consider logic, only the power of his own pronouncements.  So he told me again to pull my starters.  I did and we put in the best players on our team.  Game then went into "Slaughter" real quick and we put their Quarterback out of the game.  I asked him if he'd like a copy of our video to see who had started the game for us.  He declined.  Idiot.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum

You guys and your Pop Warner experiences remind me of how fortunate Mahonz and I are. Our prez sends out an email at the beginning of the year asking people not to yell at refs, leave their dogs at home, clean up after themselves, etc. When I talk to him, he asks if there's anything we need.

When in doot . . . glass and oot.

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

You guys and your Pop Warner experiences remind me of how fortunate Mahonz and I are. Our prez sends out an email at the beginning of the year asking people not to yell at refs, leave their dogs at home, clean up after themselves, etc. When I talk to him, he asks if there's anything we need.

Nope, more along the line of how can I f$%k with this guy today. What obstacles can I put up to make his volunteer job as difficult as possible. What absurd certs can I make him get to make his volunteer job cost him more money out of pocket. The PW way. I am so disgusted with the org from top to bottom I am just at a loss for words. Well maybe not. I do tend to ramble and vent.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

Ernie is awesome. Matter of fact AMFA is awesome.

My only complaint is they could give the new teams a bit more equipment.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

My League has a 40 point mercy rule. Clock runs. Go back under 40 and the Clock goes back to normal.

There are no mandates other than the clock running.

Yet the League will not post scores that exceed 40 points.

You can see a pattern here with this team.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
Threepwood
(@wettstein)
Bronze
Topic starter  

In our league once you go up 18 points, you must replace all of your skill position players. If not the other team can contest the game and youll lose.

What is a skilled position?  What if you have average running backs but a monster line that makes it possible to score?

ReplyQuote
belebuch
(@belebuch)
Diamond

Non oline players. I guess youd have to shuffle them around. I always had 17-20 players so we had backups

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3
Share: