Page 4 / 4
  RSS

ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond
Coach
March 17, 2015 9:59 am  

Also, I've received a PM from you ZACH, possibly you have me confused with someone else?

Yea I did my b... I cant keep track with all these guys emailing me bs bout so many different posts.

Yours was about shallow cross...my bad.

Anywho carry on and ignore me im just an asshole

I can explain it to you, I can't understand if for you.

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite
March 17, 2015 10:18 am  

Yea I did my b... I cant keep track with all these guys emailing me bs bout so many different posts.

Yours was about shallow cross...my bad.

Anywho carry on and ignore me im just an asshole

So who did you think he was?

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond
Coach
March 17, 2015 10:54 am  

So who did you think he was?

"Gogreengowhite"

ReplyQuote
CmartCoach
(@cmart)
Copper
March 17, 2015 11:05 am  

Makes perfect sense now. Spartys are not the sharpest card in the shed.

Saul goodman.

Cmart

ReplyQuote
CmartCoach
(@cmart)
Copper
March 17, 2015 11:06 am  

Now, about that shallow cross PM....

I never received a response....

Cmart

ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond
Coach
March 17, 2015 12:15 pm  

Now, about that shallow cross PM....

I never received a response....

Really?

Wow im such an asshole

ReplyQuote
CmartCoach
(@cmart)
Copper
March 17, 2015 2:06 pm  

Lol. Like I said, it's saul goodman.

By the way, is that better or worse than being an "askhole"?

Cmart

ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond
Coach
March 18, 2015 7:54 am  

Michael and I had an interesting conversation yesterday (as we normally do).

And something came up that I wanna share.

What is zone blocking at its most primative level?

My answer : a blocking system that can adapt to defensive front and actions there of

Heres what wiki said:

" Zone blocking is a technique in American football that is a simple and effective scheme for creating lanes for running plays.

In a zone blocking scheme, fleet-footedness and athletic ability trump size as desirable qualities in offensive linemen. Coordination and technique matter more than muscle in implementing a successful scheme because defensive linemen are often double-teamed at the point of attack. In this blocking scheme which takes much from the Veer blocking system, creating movement on the defensive line is more important than opening a specific hole in the defense."

ReplyQuote
GoGreenGoWhite
(@gogreengowhite)
Copper
March 18, 2015 1:39 pm  

Makes perfect sense now. Spartys are not the sharpest card in the shed.

Saul goodman.

Nor "tools in the deck"... 😉

ReplyQuote
CmartCoach
(@cmart)
Copper
March 18, 2015 3:03 pm  

Michael and I had an interesting conversation yesterday (as we normally do).

And something came up that I wanna share.

What is zone blocking at its most primative level?

My answer : a blocking system that can adapt to defensive front and actions there of

Heres what wiki said:

" Zone blocking is a technique in American football that is a simple and effective scheme for creating lanes for running plays.

In a zone blocking scheme, fleet-footedness and athletic ability trump size as desirable qualities in offensive linemen. Coordination and technique matter more than muscle in implementing a successful scheme because defensive linemen are often double-teamed at the point of attack. In this blocking scheme which takes much from the Veer blocking system, creating movement on the defensive line is more important than opening a specific hole in the defense."

Sun Tzu - "That General is skillful in attack whose opponent does not know what to defend...."

Zone blocking is a scheme that is adaptive to all fronts AND allows the offense to attack the voids that the defense is electing to NOT defend MID PLAY....

Block the head and I punch you in the stomach....because I've spent all my time training to react to where you block.

Cmart

ReplyQuote
durfee4
(@durfee4)
Platinum
March 18, 2015 3:21 pm  

The Zone scheme is only as good as the teacher(s) translation too the students,and their understanding of it .On the feild many things happen,and both teacher and pupil need to know how to react and concure. ;D

Success only comes before Work in the dictionary

ReplyQuote
CmartCoach
(@cmart)
Copper
March 18, 2015 3:57 pm  

The Zone scheme is only as good as the teacher(s) translation too the students,and their understanding of it .On the feild many things happen,and both teacher and pupil need to know how to react and concure. ;D

Agreed. All schemes are that way. It's not what you know it's what the kids know and can do.

Some guys could play NFL for 15 years and know every inch of a certain scheme, but can't teach it to ten year olds.  To do so takes its own skillset....

Cmart

ReplyQuote
durfee4
(@durfee4)
Platinum
March 18, 2015 4:16 pm  

The thing with zone if taught at an early age and repped year too year as a feeder org,when thay hit HS,State camps possible. Year 1 and 2,nada.jmo

Success only comes before Work in the dictionary

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4
Share: